Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Fake access point on wifi list att s5

OP cybershawngates

18th August 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

194 posts
Hello

I have a rooted att s5 and in my wifi list I seem to have had 2 access points that were fake? Cad005 and Dre tega.

both were wpa2 secured with Mac id's of 000000 by xerox corp (I used wifi analyzer).

I was afraid I was hacked downloaded malware bytes lookout avg no virus or malware. I removed some questionable apps (always from play store. ...anyways after reboot it's gone.

When they were showing no other devices showed them as being access points? They always had th e same fixed signal strength in wifi analyzer

Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by cybershawngates; 18th August 2014 at 03:21 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cybershawngates For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #2  
Riverview
Thanks Meter: 74

347 posts
More
Maybe you can within reach of a printer that has wifi capabilites.
27th August 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

194 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerobles1

Maybe you can within reach of a printer that has wifi capabilites.

Maybe. But the signal strength never varied while walking or driving which was kinda wiered. Anyway hasn't recurred since. Thanks
8th September 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Same thing happened to me
Same thing happened to me with my stock ATT S5 (with the recent OTA - G900AUCU2ANG3). In my case, the access points are legit, but from a town I was in yesterday, 50 miles away. The MAC addresses are all zero and say Xerox in WiFi Analyzer (I suspect Xerox has the OID of zero, but haven't looked it up.)

It will probably clear up with a reboot, but it's strange that old access points that previously had a signal for are still showing up with a -80dB signal in both WiFi Analyzer and in Settings/Wireless.

From an earlier post, it looks like you did the update, too. I wonder if this is a new "feature"?
10th November 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
the samething,see a screenshot。。。Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-10-23-49-01.png
Views:	88
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	3008538
11th November 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

194 posts
Ive not had the problem since i reset my phone (wipe). I still use WiFi analyzer and no recurrence. Might it have to do w the wifi driver made by wifi analyzer? Did others affected install that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread