Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 38,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing Back to Stock Assistance Please?

Tip us?

ImHavenHart
Old
(Last edited by ImHavenHart; 1st July 2014 at 11:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Question [Q] Flashing Back to Stock Assistance Please?

Hey guys,

I purchased the Galaxy S5 back in April and now I am selling it so that I can purchase the LG G3. The problem is I'm trying to flash back to stock with Odin and it won't work. I downloaded the stock firmware from Sammobile and loaded it into Odin, put my phone in download mode and hit start and it says "fail." I can't get it to flash. I'm rooted but I haven't installed a recovery or custom rom. Any guidance would really help. I have no idea why I'm getting fail errors.
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Current
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Current
OnePlus One - Next
LG G3 - Next

davew41
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImHavenHart View Post
Hey guys,

I purchased the Galaxy S5 back in April and now I am selling it so that I can purchase the LG G3. The problem is I'm trying to flash back to stock with Odin and it won't work. I downloaded the stock firmware from Sammobile and loaded it into Odin, put my phone in download mode and hit start and it says "fail." I can't get it to flash. I'm rooted but I haven't installed a recovery or custom rom. I used the Supersu update by chainfire to disable knox. I remember on previous Galaxy S versions that if you took the OTA update it prevented you from flashing custom roms of flashing back to stock. But I haven't taken an OTA update or anything so I can't figure out why it keeps saying fail? Do you think I need to re-enable knox? If so, can I do that in Supersu? Or is there another problem? Any guidance would really help.
My thread here will get you back to stock with the included files
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785363

DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THE BL FILE as our bootloader is still locked and it will just fail.
just flash the other 3 files

enjoy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davew41 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ImHavenHart
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by davew41 View Post
My thread here will get you back to stock with the included files
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785363

DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THE BL FILE as our bootloader is still locked and it will just fail.
just flash the other 3 files

enjoy
Thanks a ton!!!!
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Current
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Current
OnePlus One - Next
LG G3 - Next