Exclamation G900A GPS Searching and not locking solved... may not work for everyone.

After flashing a ROM (I won't mention which rom because I respect the effort put into by the devs and don't want starting rumors based on my experience) my GPS wouldn't lock on location.

I came across few complaints here my self that had no resolve to them. However, they did have an option to restore to stock software by following a link to a thread where you can download stock software. The purpose of this is to see weather the GPS will lock the position. Before I Odin flashed to stock I tried using Safestrap Recovery to wipe everything clean, everything including SD card data (not the external SD). Then I re flashed the ROM in question, then after a stock rooted ROM with same results. GPS just keeps on searching for satellites. In the end I opted to do a complete stock restore using the links I mentioned above.

So I Odin flashed bunch of files (AP, CP, CSC).. all flashed well and rebooted but the GPS still wouldn't lock. I felt doomed and thought as mentioned in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...-root-t2827328) my problems were similar and I thought for sure GPS module was dead.

But, here is the final kicker... I decided to do factory reset before I take it to the service center. Without any actual hopes of it working I tried it after the factory reset and it locked on position right away. I checked in the GPS settings to see if only the GPS is used and not the WiFi and Moble data to determined the location, and it was!

So there it is. I hope this helps with someone else as well. After you Odin flash the stock files do a factory reset and see if it helps.

This is my first thread here and really havent introduced my self properly: Name is Sal, from New Jersey.

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE