[Q] Help! Device Locked Due to Abnormal Factory Reset

6th July 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all,

I am in desperate need of help with this AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 that I found in abroad. Before I get chewed out with accusations of theft, I found the phone in a restaurant and gave to the staff who returned it to me after 3 days an no one had come to claim it.

Anyway, I have been trying to unlock it for use in Canada. I'm a bit of a noob, so please be patient Started with a commercial unlock code to SIM unlock. I received a "successful" message, so I assume it worked. However, I was told that AT&T locks other SIM cards from working on their firmware, so I began to try to flash and install a custom rom. I went to geohot's towelroot page and clicked the lambda. I think it did something. For some reason, I decided it would be a good idea to do factory data wipe from the volume down+power+home recovery screen. Now, I can't get past the initial setup which is asking for my original Samsung login ID, which I obviously don't have. In addition, I can't flash the rom with Odin or install off of external SD card.

Please help!!!

Thanks!
AK
11th August 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hi,

I have the same problem, anyone that can help?

Thanks
11th August 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Waite Park, MN.
Thanks Meter: 2,953

2,053 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02wrx

Hi all,

I am in desperate need of help with this AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 that I found in abroad. Before I get chewed out with accusations of theft, I found the phone in a restaurant and gave to the staff who returned it to me after 3 days an no one had come to claim it.

Anyway, I have been trying to unlock it for use in Canada. I'm a bit of a noob, so please be patient Started with a commercial unlock code to SIM unlock. I received a "successful" message, so I assume it worked. However, I was told that AT&T locks other SIM cards from working on their firmware, so I began to try to flash and install a custom rom. I went to geohot's towelroot page and clicked the lambda. I think it did something. For some reason, I decided it would be a good idea to do factory data wipe from the volume down+power+home recovery screen. Now, I can't get past the initial setup which is asking for my original Samsung login ID, which I obviously don't have. In addition, I can't flash the rom with Odin or install off of external SD card.

Please help!!!

Thanks!
AK

Have you tried this thread yet? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...72&postcount=1 it should help you flash in Odin.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread