[Q] Help me, please, Galaxy S5 stuck in bootloop and odin isn't flashing!

Search This thread

Matthew98405

Feb 5, 2015
Help me XDA, you're my only hope!
In attempt to flash a custom recovery to my AT&T Galaxy S5 (SM-G900A), odin failed to flash it. After a while, I tried to root my phone after other forums/threads said I needed to. I tried towelroot, didn't work for $#!t. And the point of no return came when another forum said to flash a custom firmware to help TR, so I did. It failed. Then I decided to give up, but it got stuck in a bootloop, well, if you consider attempting to boot, giving up, and rebooting itself into bootloader a bootloop. And that was followed by attempting to flash stock firmware, which odin couldn't do anything. So, I've tried everything:
  • Kies won't detect my phone, or it will say it's unsupported
  • Odin must be broken or my phone is f***ed, because almost immediately, odin will say FAIL
  • Anti-Virus has been disabled this whole time
So if anyone reading this knows what they're doing, please help me out with this.

FilthyFord

May 27, 2014
Cleveland Tx
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
In attempt to flash a custom recovery to my AT&T Galaxy S5 (SM-G900A), odin failed to flash it. After a while, I tried to root my phone after other forums/threads said I needed to. I tried towelroot, didn't work for $#!t. And the point of no return came when another forum said to flash a custom firmware to help TR, so I did. It failed. Then I decided to give up, but it got stuck in a bootloop, well, if you consider attempting to boot, giving up, and rebooting itself into bootloader a bootloop. And that was followed by attempting to flash stock firmware, which odin couldn't do anything. So, I've tried everything:
  • Odin must be broken or my phone is f***ed, because almost immediately, odin will say FAIL
So if anyone reading this knows what they're doing, please help me out with this.

First off you need to give more info about your phone. What build are you on 5.0, 4.4.4 etc. How did you get on that build. Ota update or custom update. We can't really help you unless we know what your running.

binayakc

Aug 14, 2012
kathmandu, Nepal

if you can go into download mode then don't worry you can download another official firmware & flash it.
The firmware you tried & failed may be corrupt file so download new one & try.
Make sure your battery is more than 50%.if not know the battery level do not flash go to repair centre.

Sent from my SM-G900H using xda Forum

Matthew98405

Feb 5, 2015
I just thought of this, does it matter what cable I use?
(Galaxy S5 USB 3.0 cable or standard micro USB)
Because I just used a regular cable and it worked!

Last edited:

FilthyFord

May 27, 2014
Cleveland Tx
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yup, and I restored everything!
Any idea why odin kept failing to flash a custom recovery?

Because your running 5.0 ota. You can't root that version yet plus they only custom recovery that we have on the AT&T S5 is either safestrap or Flashfire which is still in testing faze. You'll need to wait til you can root the ota 5.0 since it has different bootloader.

Reactions: Matthew98405

Nikedrop

Apr 20, 2015

shreesam09

May 13, 2016
sir i have tried to downgrade my galaxy s5 at&t by odin
but odin fails and i,m still stuck on firmware error ..
what i can i do?

captivated1971

Jan 2, 2011
coweta,ok
sir i have tried to downgrade my galaxy s5 at&t by odin
but odin fails and i,m still stuck on firmware error ..
what i can i do?
What firmware were you on originally? Sounds like you we're on 5.0 or above . If so you will have to flash a pure stock rom of the same back to it . And no rooting for any thing above 4.4.4

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts