Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 41,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Won't Charge

Tip us?

Opie Knievel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Battery Won't Charge

My S5 has been working fine. Tonight I was plugging it in to charge for the night and when I connected the charger it said USB connected but the battery symbol didn't show charging. I looked in the battery stats in settings, it says Not Charging. I powered the phone off, pulled the battery, replaced it and plugged it back in. Now it's showing a battery with a yellow triangle in it instead of the normal charging symbol.
Does anyone have any ideas? I am rooted and I have Safe Strap installed. Right now I'm running the stock ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cstayton
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,920

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie Knievel View Post
My S5 has been working fine. Tonight I was plugging it in to charge for the night and when I connected the charger it said USB connected but the battery symbol didn't show charging. I looked in the battery stats in settings, it says Not Charging. I powered the phone off, pulled the battery, replaced it and plugged it back in. Now it's showing a battery with a yellow triangle in it instead of the normal charging symbol.
Does anyone have any ideas? I am rooted and I have Safe Strap installed. Right now I'm running the stock ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
i have had that happen before, it turned out to be a faulty nfc chip in the battery causing the problem, (yes go figure they put the NFC chip in the battery)

Devices:
HTC One X+ Retired
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900A Root KoolKit ROM
Samsung Galaxy Tab3 7" JB4.2.2 SM-T217A Rooted S5 Tweaked

If you think my work is worthwhile feel free to donate
by clicking on the "Donate to me" button.
Thank you for your support.

The Following User Says Thank You to cstayton For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]