Battery Won't Charge

22nd August 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Mt. Vernon, KY
Thanks Meter: 16

62 posts
More
My S5 has been working fine. Tonight I was plugging it in to charge for the night and when I connected the charger it said USB connected but the battery symbol didn't show charging. I looked in the battery stats in settings, it says Not Charging. I powered the phone off, pulled the battery, replaced it and plugged it back in. Now it's showing a battery with a yellow triangle in it instead of the normal charging symbol.
Does anyone have any ideas? I am rooted and I have Safe Strap installed. Right now I'm running the stock ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd August 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Waite Park, MN.
Thanks Meter: 2,957

2,055 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie Knievel

My S5 has been working fine. Tonight I was plugging it in to charge for the night and when I connected the charger it said USB connected but the battery symbol didn't show charging. I looked in the battery stats in settings, it says Not Charging. I powered the phone off, pulled the battery, replaced it and plugged it back in. Now it's showing a battery with a yellow triangle in it instead of the normal charging symbol.
Does anyone have any ideas? I am rooted and I have Safe Strap installed. Right now I'm running the stock ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i have had that happen before, it turned out to be a faulty nfc chip in the battery causing the problem, (yes go figure they put the NFC chip in the battery)
The Following User Says Thank You to cstayton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy S5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank