Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 47,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how to enter custom APN ?

Tip us?

daltonhrrll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default [Q] how to enter custom APN ?

So I've made my apn i want to use but the problem is when I select it it will go back to the original APN and I can't delete the original, anyone know a way around this ?

UnhoIy
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonhrrll View Post
So I've made my apn i want to use but the problem is when I select it it will go back to the original APN and I can't delete the original, anyone know a way around this ?
If it is reverting back to the original APN, then the one you're trying to use is no good, in my experience.
Got a question? Ask one of these guys first

daltonhrrll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhoIy View Post
If it is reverting back to the original APN, then the one you're trying to use is no good, in my experience.
That's what I thought to but when when I make one exactly like the default one it still will not switch

daltonhrrll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhoIy View Post
I'm trying to enter a custom one because my Download speeds are like .5 Mbps with 5 bars lte , the web pages load fast but when I actually try to download something from the web it takes forever

daltonhrrll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
See this is ridiculous att troubleshooted with me and it's still not working correctly lol when att can't fix it I know the devs can lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409079655080.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (54.8 KB, 31 views)

bookmonke
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Hate to say but that looks liked throttled speeds, what plan are you on?

daltonhrrll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke View Post
Hate to say but that looks liked throttled speeds, what plan are you on?
I'm still on the old iPhone plan (30 a month unlimited data)

bookmonke
Old
Thanks Meter 27
That is what I had, the old grandfathered plan, you have been throttled for using more than 5G for the billing cycle. You can call and argue and be told that you still have unlimited data just at a reduced speed and they will try to move you over to the new shared plans. Which makes not sense because you can use all the shared and go over the 5G and not get throttled (they will correct you for using that word, so I called it crippled and finally retarded speeds to just piss them off), sorry for the rant. But I tried all the different apn and got nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonhrrll View Post
I'm still on the old iPhone plan (30 a month unlimited data)

daltonhrrll
Old
(Last edited by daltonhrrll; 27th August 2014 at 03:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmonke View Post
That is what I had, the old grandfathered plan, you have been throttled for using more than 5G for the billing cycle. You can call and argue and be told that you still have unlimited data just at a reduced speed and they will try to move you over to the new shared plans. Which makes not sense because you can use all the shared and go over the 5G and not get throttled (they will correct you for using that word, so I called it crippled and finally retarded speeds to just piss them off), sorry for the rant. But I tried all the different apn and got nothing.
I see , that's pretty ridiculous, I've used 10 gigs this month XD

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more