How to get rid of Security Updates (shield notification)

14th July 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

150 posts
I keep getting an update on my notifications and it's shaped as a shield and it ALWAYS comes back

How do I permanintly get rid of this? I tried disabling it by app info and no luck
14th July 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 131

1,514 posts
More
Towelroot to root, then you freeze the security policy updates with Titanium Backup.
16th July 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

54 posts
More
App is called SPDClient.apk and its in system/priv-app in the root directory. Use a file manager to rename it or delete it all together.

See here, close to the bottom: http://gs5.wonderhowto.com/how-to/ro...-flat-0155617/

I deleted it and have had no issues and don't get the notifications any longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Killer Okain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 31

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Okain

App is called SPDClient.apk and its in system/priv-app in the root directory. Use a file manager to rename it or delete it all together.

See here, close to the bottom: http://gs5.wonderhowto.com/how-to/ro...-flat-0155617/

I deleted it and have had no issues and don't get the notifications any longer.

Thank you every time I end up updating a rom this always pops back up and always have to search how to get rid of it but this time I bookmarked this page. Another thing this phone should not have on it in the first place...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread