Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,727 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to setup and push with ADB?

Tip us?

MonarchX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default How to setup and push with ADB?

What exactly do I need to be able to push software from PC to phone using ADB interface? I already have the latest drivers for my SGS5 and Windows 8.1, but do I need the ADB SDK or some other program?

Sinkidonk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post
What exactly do I need to be able to push software from PC to phone using ADB interface? I already have the latest drivers for my SGS5 and Windows 8.1, but do I need the ADB SDK or some other program?
1st go to hear developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
and download the one for you ok now that is downloading let move on.

To use adb your need to enable usb debugging on your phone to do that go to settings > about phone
and click on the build number until you see a Massage that said something like Developer mode enable.

ok now that you enable Developer mode go to settings > Developer options and in there turn on the Developer options
then find USB debugging and enable it.

ok now going back to the file you downloaded extract that to a directory of your choice and go to platform-tools directory
open up the cmd (I think you can hold down the shift key and right click on the mouse to open a cmd in the directory that you are already in.)

plug-in your phone to your computer and run
Code:
adb devices
or try
Code:
adb start-server
your get a message on your phone that will allow you to use usb debugging with your computer

then type in
Code:
adb push <local> <remote>
for more info on any of this go to developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html

I hope posting the link how I did will be ok.