FORUMS

AT&T address book sync

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By 556AR, Member on 23rd June 2014, 11:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Has anyone found a way to disable this yet? It pops up every time I open the contacts app.

24th June 2014, 03:31 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 556AR

Has anyone found a way to disable this yet? It pops up every time I open the contacts app.

Only way I was able to disable it on my s4 was to edit an xml file. You have to be rooted and have something like root explorer then go to
Data/data/com.android.contacts/shared_pref and edit the xml file there to tell it to not search AT&T for their cloud address book. Below is an example of mine. You can see where I've changed some values to false in regards to the AT&T address book.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<map>
<string name="runtime_firstboot_time">1403537567925</string>
<boolean name="REGISTRATION_COMPLETE_FLAG" value="true" />
<int name="adn_editable" value="1" />
<int name="csc_pref_key_max_recipient" value="10" />
<boolean name="showContactTips" value="true" />
<int name="AIRPLANE_MODE_DB_UPDATED" value="0" />
<int name="actionBarAdapter.lastTab" value="2" />
<string name="ContactEditorUtils_default_account">vnd.sec. contact.phonevnd.sec.contact.phone</string>
<boolean name="INIT_SYNC_FLAG" value="false" />
<boolean name="AAB_ENABLED_FLAG" value="false" />
<int name="online_search" value="1" />
<int name="SIM_CONATACTS" value="0" />
<int name="sim_db_ready" value="1" />
<string name="SIMSERIAL">(you sum serial will show here)</string>
<string name="ContactEditorUtils_known_accounts">vnd.sec.c ontact.phonevnd.sec.contact.phoneprimary.sim.accou nt_namevnd.sec.contact.sim(your email address is displayed here)com.google</string>
<boolean name="ContactEditorUtils_anything_saved" value="true" />
<int name="REGISTRATION_COUNT_FLAG" value="4" />
<string name="FIELD_URL">http://mobile.ws.addressbook.att.net/SubscriberService</string>
<string name="IMSI">(your imsi is here) </string>
<int name="setInitialMyProfile" value="1" />
<int name="airplane_mode_changed" value="0" />
<string name="FIELD_NAMESPACE">http://pat.ws.aab.att.com/webService/MobileSubscriber</string>
<boolean name="SIM_IMPORT_FLAG" value="false" />
<int name="DialtactsActivity_last_manually_selected_tab " value="0" />
</map>

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th June 2014, 11:39 AM |#3  
Flag Niagara Falls
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drock212

Only way I was able to disable it on my s4 was to edit an xml file. You have to be rooted and have something like root explorer then go to
Data/data/com.android.contacts/shared_pref and edit the xml file there to tell it to not search AT&T for their cloud address book. Below is an example of mine. You can see where I've changed some values to false in regards to the AT&T address book.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<map>
<string name="runtime_firstboot_time">1403537567925</string>
<boolean name="REGISTRATION_COMPLETE_FLAG" value="true" />
<int name="adn_editable" value="1" />
<int name="csc_pref_key_max_recipient" value="10" />
<boolean name="showContactTips" value="true" />
<int name="AIRPLANE_MODE_DB_UPDATED" value="0" />
<int name="actionBarAdapter.lastTab" value="2" />
<string name="ContactEditorUtils_default_account">vnd.sec. contact.phonevnd.sec.contact.phone</string>
<boolean name="INIT_SYNC_FLAG" value="false" />
<boolean name="AAB_ENABLED_FLAG" value="false" />
<int name="online_search" value="1" />
<int name="SIM_CONATACTS" value="0" />
<int name="sim_db_ready" value="1" />
<string name="SIMSERIAL">(you sum serial will show here)</string>
<string name="ContactEditorUtils_known_accounts">vnd.sec.c ontact.phonevnd.sec.contact.phoneprimary.sim.accou nt_namevnd.sec.contact.sim(your email address is displayed here)com.google</string>
<boolean name="ContactEditorUtils_anything_saved" value="true" />
<int name="REGISTRATION_COUNT_FLAG" value="4" />
<string name="FIELD_URL">http://mobile.ws.addressbook.att.net/SubscriberService</string>
<string name="IMSI">(your imsi is here) </string>
<int name="setInitialMyProfile" value="1" />
<int name="airplane_mode_changed" value="0" />
<string name="FIELD_NAMESPACE">http://pat.ws.aab.att.com/webService/MobileSubscriber</string>
<boolean name="SIM_IMPORT_FLAG" value="false" />
<int name="DialtactsActivity_last_manually_selected_tab " value="0" />
</map>

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the help
24th June 2014, 06:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

I had this problem but it would try to sync everytime i open an app. contacts then settings then contacts then at&t address book and there should be a setting ti turn it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
24th June 2014, 06:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DedNyte

I had this problem but it would try to sync everytime i open an app. contacts then settings then contacts then at&t address book and there should be a setting ti turn it off.

Don't need root to disable this. It took me a while when I first got the phone, but it's buried deep in the settings. I think I had to reboot after turning it off to stop the splash screen from popping up every time I opened contacts.

I mean come on, I sync with google, I don't need redundant AT&T and Samsung "cloud" address books.
24th June 2014, 10:32 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180

Don't need root to disable this. It took me a while when I first got the phone, but it's buried deep in the settings. I think I had to reboot after turning it off to stop the splash screen from popping up every time I opened contacts.

I mean come on, I sync with google, I don't need redundant AT&T and Samsung "cloud" address books.

Where is the setting located?
24th June 2014, 10:53 PM |#7  
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 871

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Open address book go to settings then contacts AT&T address book and turn off auto sync

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.
24th June 2014, 10:59 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbarb

Open address book go to settings then contacts AT&T address book and turn off auto sync

I've tried checking there before it just takes me to a screen about registering for it. No option to disable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
24th June 2014, 11:01 PM |#9  
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 871

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Where is the setting located?

3 dots on top right corner or hold left button next to home button when you open contacts.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote:

I've tried checking there before it just takes me to a screen about registering for it. No option to disable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Then try to register and disable then

26th June 2014, 08:29 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbarb

3 dots on top right corner or hold left button next to home button when you open contacts.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Then try to register and disable then

The only problem with this is if you dont have an at&t account, you can't disable it this way because you won't be taken to a registration page. So how do you disable it if you use straight talk or any other service that uses at&t towers but isnt directly at&t? I would like to know this too and that's probably what the other person was asking. I don't see anything that can be disabled in system and i can't make it quit popping up.

26th June 2014, 09:31 PM |#11  
Flag Black Mesa :P
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller1821

The only problem with this is if you dont have an at&t account, you can't disable it this way because you won't be taken to a registration page. So how do you disable it if you use straight talk or any other service that uses at&t towers but isnt directly at&t? I would like to know this too and that's probably what the other person was asking. I don't see anything that can be disabled in system and i can't make it quit popping up.

for those who use the phone with another carrier, no option to disable it just does not appear, at first it's annoying, but after 3 or 4 attempts to divert pressing the back button not bother asking again sync with att.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread