Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Titanium Backup and SD card

OP ender200j

26th June 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Hi,
I can't seem to get TiBu to write to my external hard drive. I checked the old posts but they did not help with this. I used an SD fixer but that didn't help.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to ender200j For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #2  
sludge1121997's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 17
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender200j

Hi,
I can't seem to get TiBu to write to my external hard drive. I checked the old posts but they did not help with this. I used an SD fixer but that didn't help.
Thanks

Expand

What you exactly mean to say ?

You can't set your backup loc to SD card ?

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏
26th June 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludge1121997

Expand

What you exactly mean to say ?

You can't set your backup loc to SD card ?

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Yeah I can't set the backup location to the SD card.
26th June 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #4  
sludge1121997's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 17
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender200j

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Yeah I can't set the backup location to the SD card.

All well

Now just press your menu button

Go to preferences

Then backup settings

And select your backup folder as extsdcard



🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏
26th June 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludge1121997

All well

Now just press your menu button

Go to preferences

Then backup settings

And select your backup folder as extsdcard



🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏

Yeah I tried that. Thats why I said it won't let me write to the SD card. It says "This is not a writable folder" on anything on the extSD card
26th June 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #6  
sludge1121997's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 17
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender200j

Yeah I tried that. Thats why I said it won't let me write to the SD card. It says "This is not a writable folder" on anything on the extSD card

Is it read only or something ?

Can you play files via root explorer ?

What ROM you have ?

What Version of Titanium Backup ?



🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ender200j

Yeah I tried that. Thats why I said it won't let me write to the SD card. It says "This is not a writable folder" on anything on the extSD card

1. Using a root-enabled file manager, navigate to /system/etc/permissions*
2. Edit platform.xml and find the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.
3. Add an additional group definition for this permission...<group gid="media_rw" />
4. Save the changes to the file.
5. Restart.


Should work

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏
26th June 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludge1121997

Is it read only or something ?

Can you play files via root explorer ?

What ROM you have ?

What Version of Titanium Backup ?



🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------



1. Using a root-enabled file manager, navigate to /system/etc/permissions*
2. Edit platform.xml and find the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.
3. Add an additional group definition for this permission...<group gid="media_rw" />
4. Save the changes to the file.
5. Restart.


Should work

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏

it has that in there: <group gid="media_rw" /></permission>
26th June 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #8  
sludge1121997's Avatar
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 17
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender200j

it has that in there: <group gid="media_rw" /></permission>

Last try

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...OcKIuASAsILQDQ

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏
The Following User Says Thank You to sludge1121997 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludge1121997

Last try

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...OcKIuASAsILQDQ

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏

I had already used that but it still wouldn't let me write to it. So i restarted. Seems to work now. thanks
27th June 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #10  
Greycloak42's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
300 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sludge1121997

Last try

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...OcKIuASAsILQDQ

🙏🙏Thank Me Up If I Helped You 🙏🙏

That one works perfectly. I had tried the manual edit last week and it didn't work, but this solved the problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes