Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installed 3rd party lockscreen

Tip us?

Werbs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Installed 3rd party lockscreen

I installed KK Locker and it gives you the option to disable default locker so you don't have to unlock two screens. This does work when the screen goes to sleep on its own, however, when I hit the power button to manually put it to sleep, when I turn it back on I have to unlock both the default Sammy lock screen and KK locker. Do any of you know if there is something that I can do to find and disable the Sammy lock screen? Thanks in advance for any help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ed Murray
Old
(Last edited by Ed Murray; 31st July 2014 at 09:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werbs View Post
I installed KK Locker and it gives you the option to disable default locker so you don't have to unlock two screens. This does work when the screen goes to sleep on its own, however, when I hit the power button to manually put it to sleep, when I turn it back on I have to unlock both the default Sammy lock screen and KK locker. Do any of you know if there is something that I can do to find and disable the Sammy lock screen? Thanks in advance for any help

Have you gone into settings/device/lockscreen and selected NONE for the screenlock settings? Disabling through that 3rd party app is sometimes not enough.
My Devices

Current - N900T Note III on AT&T, 4500mAh Mpj Slim Battery, Trident Kraken case w/ wireless Qi
HyperDrive RLS3.1 - CWM BL

Backup - SGH I747 S III on T-Mobile, 7k mah Zerolemon Battery & Shock Case w/ wireless Qi
Carbon KK ROM/Kernel - CWM BL

Test Driving - HTC One M8 Stock, soon to be better.

Waiting for - T-Mobile Note 4, unlocked or an LG G3.

Retired - (2) Droid 2 A950, (1) Droid 2 R2D2 A955

Copy.com referral bonus - 15+5gb Cloud Space for both people

geekdadof3
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werbs View Post

It was my understanding that the Sammy lockscreen could not be disabled...but maybe I misunderstood.

galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
(Last edited by galaxy s4 nutjob; 3rd August 2014 at 04:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdadof3 View Post
It was my understanding that the Sammy lockscreen could not be disabled...but maybe I misunderstood.
I used kk for a while you can disable the Samsung lock screen in
settings < lock screen < "none"

Or un-install re-install kk locker
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxy s4 nutjob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]