Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,827 Members 51,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is KLTE?

Tip us?
 
crimsonconcepts
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 51
Join Date: May 2010
Question [Q] What is KLTE?

I have been looking through the ROMs and such and trying to find something that will flash onto my AT&T SGS5, and I see a variety of references to KLTE or some variation of the acronym .

First off, what is KLTE? Is it just another way of saying 4G LTE Based phones, or is there other meaning behind it.

Second, I believe that the AT&T SGS5 is called the GM-G900A. What is the difference between the different identifiers that are all GM-G900(X). Is there only a carrier difference, or is there any hardware differences?
Jerry - Crimsonconcepts
SGS2 - Avatar JB Rom.
AT&T SGS5 - Rooted, but stock ROM for now.
 
lingowistico
Old
#2  
lingowistico's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 158
Posts: 666
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonconcepts View Post
I have been looking through the ROMs and such and trying to find something that will flash onto my AT&T SGS5, and I see a variety of references to KLTE or some variation of the acronym .

First off, what is KLTE? Is it just another way of saying 4G LTE Based phones, or is there other meaning behind it.

Second, I believe that the AT&T SGS5 is called the GM-G900A. What is the difference between the different identifiers that are all GM-G900(X). Is there only a carrier difference, or is there any hardware differences?
KLTE is the S5 version on Qualcomm with LTE


Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900F
Rom - Neatrom 2.2
Recovery - TWRP
 
saber0091
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingowistico View Post
KLTE is the S5 version on Qualcomm with LTE
Bit mystified, isn't it? Any idea where it'd come from?
 
lingowistico
Old
#4  
lingowistico's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 158
Posts: 666
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by saber0091 View Post
Bit mystified, isn't it? Any idea where it'd come from?
I guess it's called KLTE because it's shorter than Qualcomm Long Term Evolution.


Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900F
Rom - Neatrom 2.2
Recovery - TWRP
 
saber0091
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingowistico View Post
I guess it's called KLTE because it's shorter than Qualcomm Long Term Evolution.
Well, okay, that bit makes sense. But then it would be LTE, rather than KLTE. (On top of which I've also heard reference to HLTE)
Is this just another Kang thing? (Such as AOKP versus AOSP?)

Conversely, is there a term for those SGS5 devices that are not KLTE? ("International", maybe?)
 
lingowistico
Old
(Last edited by lingowistico; 29th August 2014 at 01:10 AM.)
#6  
lingowistico's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 158
Posts: 666
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by saber0091 View Post
Well, okay, that bit makes sense. But then it would be LTE, rather than KLTE. (On top of which I've also heard reference to HLTE)
Is this just another Kang thing? (Such as AOKP versus AOSP?)

Conversely, is there a term for those SGS5 devices that are not KLTE? ("International", maybe?)
The KLTE = All S5's that are based on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 801 chipset (including the "International").
K stands for Krait, which is the name of the CPU.
Afaik there is only one octa-core Exynos based model and it's called SM-G900H.


Samsung Galaxy S 5 SM-G900F
Rom - Neatrom 2.2
Recovery - TWRP
Tags
gm-g900, klte, samsung
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes