Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] What is KLTE?

24th August 2014, 03:43 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
51 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
I have been looking through the ROMs and such and trying to find something that will flash onto my AT&T SGS5, and I see a variety of references to KLTE or some variation of the acronym .

First off, what is KLTE? Is it just another way of saying 4G LTE Based phones, or is there other meaning behind it.

Second, I believe that the AT&T SGS5 is called the GM-G900A. What is the difference between the different identifiers that are all GM-G900(X). Is there only a carrier difference, or is there any hardware differences?
 
 
24th August 2014, 04:20 AM |#2  
lingowistico's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 246
 
1,025 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonconcepts

I have been looking through the ROMs and such and trying to find something that will flash onto my AT&T SGS5, and I see a variety of references to KLTE or some variation of the acronym .

First off, what is KLTE? Is it just another way of saying 4G LTE Based phones, or is there other meaning behind it.

Second, I believe that the AT&T SGS5 is called the GM-G900A. What is the difference between the different identifiers that are all GM-G900(X). Is there only a carrier difference, or is there any hardware differences?

KLTE is the S5 version on Qualcomm with LTE
28th August 2014, 04:08 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingowistico

KLTE is the S5 version on Qualcomm with LTE

Bit mystified, isn't it? Any idea where it'd come from?
28th August 2014, 03:12 PM |#4  
lingowistico's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 246
 
1,025 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saber0091

Bit mystified, isn't it? Any idea where it'd come from?

I guess it's called KLTE because it's shorter than Qualcomm Long Term Evolution.
28th August 2014, 07:05 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingowistico

I guess it's called KLTE because it's shorter than Qualcomm Long Term Evolution.

Well, okay, that bit makes sense. But then it would be LTE, rather than KLTE. (On top of which I've also heard reference to HLTE)
Is this just another Kang thing? (Such as AOKP versus AOSP?)

Conversely, is there a term for those SGS5 devices that are not KLTE? ("International", maybe?)
29th August 2014, 01:06 AM |#6  
lingowistico's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 246
 
1,025 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saber0091

Well, okay, that bit makes sense. But then it would be LTE, rather than KLTE. (On top of which I've also heard reference to HLTE)
Is this just another Kang thing? (Such as AOKP versus AOSP?)

Conversely, is there a term for those SGS5 devices that are not KLTE? ("International", maybe?)

The KLTE = All S5's that are based on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 801 chipset (including the "International").
K stands for Krait, which is the name of the CPU.
Afaik there is only one octa-core Exynos based model and it's called SM-G900H.
Last edited by lingowistico; 29th August 2014 at 01:10 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lingowistico For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2015, 08:05 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingowistico

The KLTE = All S5's that are based on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 801 chipset (including the "International").
K stands for Krait, which is the name of the CPU.
Afaik there is only one octa-core Exynos based model and it's called SM-G900H.

Awesome, been digging through 100's of pages for that answer, thank you!
17th March 2015, 02:16 AM |#8  
lingowistico's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 246
 
1,025 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchymantis

Awesome, been digging through 100's of pages for that answer, thank you!

A small update:
klte = SM-G900F (International/European)
kltespr = klte sprint
klteusc = klte us cellular
kltevzw = klte verizon wireless
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gm-g900, klte, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes