Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] loading roms

Tip us?

jasonmoe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] loading roms

So I have a att gs5 with towel root safestrap installed. Previously I installed a custom rom that worked. The next one that I installed failed so I had to load the stock rom back onto my device using odin. Since then after a fresh install of root and safestrap every time I try to install a rom or any zip using safestrap it fails. I am so new to this coming from iPhone any advice would be sweet.

Thanks

JM

w7excursion
Old
Thanks Meter 150
I'm with you on that as far as safe strap goes. Had to Odin also.
Nandroid - drank

mcnaught82
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Hmmm, I didn't have that problem after running Odin and re-rooting my phone...but then again I ran towel room and Super-su a couple times before it grabbed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Run towel root. Then download Super-SU , then install SS. If upon reboot you see the SS splash screen. Then your all good. I did however download titanium backup and freeze Knox manually because Super-su kept failing. But now my Knox count is 0x0 and I'm filly rooted and have no problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jasonmoe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I am rooted and have safestrap installed with no issues. My only problem is that if I try to install any of the custom Roms they show failed. That also goes for any zip that I am trying to install

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
(Last edited by galaxy s4 nutjob; 13th July 2014 at 08:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmoe View Post
I am rooted and have safestrap installed with no issues. My only problem is that if I try to install any of the custom Roms they show failed. That also goes for any zip that I am trying to install

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
We have locked bootloaders only SS compatible Roms will work you can't flash anything from stock recovery. This
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2798646
And the alliance tmobile are the only rom's I know of that work