Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost root and gapps wont work!

Tip us?

leon1298
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Lost root and gapps wont work!

So my G5 Active was rooted and I had all of my mods and root apps etc. but then one day an at&t update appeared so since i had safestrap and multiple backups i wanted to see if supersu's survival mode worked... Well it did not work so the i went to reboot my phone and the safestrap boot screen didn't popup nor can i go into the safestrap recovery installer and boot into safestrap by clicking "boot into safestrap". So not the end of the world i don't desperately need root (even though i would like it back) but the playstore cant connect to the internet. I have tried re-installing and uninstalling updates. So this is really annoying and in my opinion a big problem but when i went to my workplace the next day and i connected to the Wifi at my workplace it worked again so then i realized that the only difference between my wifi and my offices wifi is that my offices wifi uses a proxy. So then i though it was the host file since i was having this problem right before i lost root and updated gapps and i had adaway. I cant access the host file without root and i tried using ADB push/pull and when i try to push it back it says read only interface so now I'm really stuck and help wold be much appreciated. Thank for taking the tome to read this.

thepktrckt
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I believe you have to ODIN back to before the update and then block the update, I haven't seen anyone say this is successful but what I understand it should be.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799754

leon1298
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepktrckt View Post
I believe you have to ODIN back to before the update and then block the update, I haven't seen anyone say this is successful but what I understand it should be.

It work!!! Thanks

Ocires
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepktrckt View Post

I did exactly that last night. I used ODIN to downgrade to Build ANE4 after the OTA update installed Build ANG3 on my Galaxy S5 Active. I had to do a factory reset afterward because my stock email app was repeatedly crashing. But towelroot worked and I'm back to normal with the OTA update frozen by Titanium Backup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ocires For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]