Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Push Notifications not working well?

OP shadowninja23

5th July 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Hey guys, so I just got the S5 a couple of days ago and I love it. However, I'm having some problems with the push notifications of certain apps not coming through, yet they do easily on my Nexus 7. They weren't a problem on my Nexus 5, but I have no idea why it's not working properly on a brand new phone like the S5. Each of the apps, like Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat to name a few, are all listed to push notifications and they're set in the main Android settings, so I have no idea. Anyone else have the same kind of issues like me?

To note, I've already factory resetted my phone several times, cleaned out the data, caches, etc and still no use. I am rooted though, but I doubt that should make a huge difference, right? And right now, I'm not using Xposed framework, but before when I first noticed the issues, I was. Thanks in advance!
5th July 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #2  
raynan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 356
 
563 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Taking a longshot here...but have you updated that Samsung Push Service app through the Play Store (and all other apps for that matter)?
5th July 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan

Taking a longshot here...but have you updated that Samsung Push Service app through the Play Store (and all other apps for that matter)?

Yes, those are all updated.
5th July 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
1,114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja23

Yes, those are all updated.

if you used Titatium backup to restore any apps that use push, that could be your issue. I restored facebook, instagram , snapchat etc and the push never works when i restore, you need to clear the app out, and just login new for each push app.
9th July 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 1
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonjb

if you used Titatium backup to restore any apps that use push, that could be your issue. I restored facebook, instagram , snapchat etc and the push never works when i restore, you need to clear the app out, and just login new for each push app.

Yeah, I did that initially, but that was the first time I got the phone. Now, I've been clearing out the caches and data for each app, uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the Play Store, but still some of the apps don't have the push capability unless I was just in the app or still in it. Some of my problem apps are GroupMe, Snapchat and Instagram. When I had my Nexus 5, that wasn't the issue at all.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this issue?
20th November 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2014
Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I'm having the same problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja23

Yeah, I did that initially, but that was the first time I got the phone. Now, I've been clearing out the caches and data for each app, uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the Play Store, but still some of the apps don't have the push capability unless I was just in the app or still in it. Some of my problem apps are GroupMe, Snapchat and Instagram. When I had my Nexus 5, that wasn't the issue at all.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this issue?

20th November 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowninja23

Yeah, I did that initially, but that was the first time I got the phone. Now, I've been clearing out the caches and data for each app, uninstalling it and reinstalling it from the Play Store, but still some of the apps don't have the push capability unless I was just in the app or still in it. Some of my problem apps are GroupMe, Snapchat and Instagram. When I had my Nexus 5, that wasn't the issue at all.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewsome

Did you ever find a fix for this issue? I'm having the same problem...

Check out TB Restore Fixer on the app store. I noticed that when I did Titanium Backup restore, some of my apps were not working correctly and I couldn't reach certain parts of my storage, etc. After I ran it, it seemed to have straightened everything out. (Requires root, of course)

Hope this fixes your problems!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
notifications, push
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes