FORUMS

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[q] help water damaged s5

22nd July 2014, 06:14 AM |#11  
GDofWR420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 215
 
More
@shortydoggg +1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
23rd July 2014, 05:55 PM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas,Texas
Thanks Meter: 215
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson

All good points. The Active is better. Good luck OP. I pay $3.00 a month for insurance on the phone. I hope you did it or do it next time.

The Active and the S5 both have the same IP67 certification for water ingress protection. so NO the Active is not any better under water. And in the case of the OP he just got back lock and was not sure that the back cover was completely close. I have use my S5 on the pool several times to take videos and pictures without issues, you just need to be sure of the usb flap and back case been secured.
Last edited by eortizr; 23rd July 2014 at 05:58 PM.
25th July 2014, 01:29 PM |#13  
MicrosoftBug's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,016
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson

All good points. The Active is better. Good luck OP. I pay $3.00 a month for insurance on the phone. I hope you did it or do it next time.

How do you pay $3 Lucky? AT&T charges $7.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to MicrosoftBug For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 02:58 PM |#14  
LuckyColdJohnson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Garland, TX
Thanks Meter: 546
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrosoftBug

How do you pay $3 Lucky? AT&T charges $7.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

There is an extra fee you can have taken off. I did it and now it's 3 bucks. Att
25th July 2014, 03:00 PM |#15  
MicrosoftBug's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,016
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson

There is an extra fee you can have taken off. I did it and now it's 3 bucks. Att

Can you please elaborate?

Sent from my SM-N900A using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
25th July 2014, 03:03 PM |#16  
LuckyColdJohnson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Garland, TX
Thanks Meter: 546
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicrosoftBug

Can you please elaborate?

Sent from my SM-N900A using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I just remember a rep asking if I wanted insure for 3 bucks. Once I got my paperwork it was higher. I asked why. They told me about an additional insurance fee. I didn't need it. Took it off and it's 3 bucks again. Don't remember what it was but I didn't want it. Srry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckyColdJohnson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 06:20 AM |#17  
mkfryan's Avatar
Senior Member
Sturgis SD
Thanks Meter: 242
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson

I just remember a rep asking if I wanted insure for 3 bucks. Once I got my paperwork it was higher. I asked why. They told me about an additional insurance fee. I didn't need it. Took it off and it's 3 bucks again. Don't remember what it was but I didn't want it. Srry

Still the same ridiculous $200 deductible?

Sent from my SS ROMed S5
26th July 2014, 01:25 PM |#18  
LuckyColdJohnson's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Garland, TX
Thanks Meter: 546
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfryan

Still the same ridiculous $200 deductible?

Sent from my SS ROMed S5

I don't know yet. But this phone was $715.00 or something.
29th July 2014, 02:29 PM |#19  
AxAtAx's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag ViSiON,Texas
Thanks Meter: 19,463
 
Donate to Me
More
You mean the 30min underwater commercial didn't convince you it was water proof? LOL...Gonna be hard to get that replaced. I would put it in a ziplock bag of dry rice for 24hr, couldn't hurt....good luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes