[Q&A] [RECOVERY LOCKED/ND3] Safestrap Recovery v3.75 [2014-06-26 B03]

Search This thread

iMRtwisted

Nov 30, 2014
And also, have the ROM slots been fixed? I saw he posted don't use them. I used the DL links on this thread, but should i go to a different thread for newer links? Or is it fixed? Please help, thank you!

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
And also, have the ROM slots been fixed? I saw he posted don't use them. I used the DL links on this thread, but should i go to a different thread for newer links? Or is it fixed? Please help, thank you!

ROM slots were made available by @muniz_ri yes they work here's the latest Safe strap
Here it is: Safestrap-G900A-KitKat-3.75.apk

All precautions, limitations, and known issues stated in the OP still apply! Proceed to install and use at your own risk!

Changelog:
1. Resolved "reboot from ROM-slot bug."

Instructions: Make certain that you have BusyBox installed! (Make certain that you open the BusyBox app after downloading from the Play Store and actually install BusyBox!).
1. Uninstall previous Safestrap recovery version using the Safestrap app "Uninstall Recovery" function.
2. Uninstall the previous Safestrap app from your app drawer.
3. Go into SuperSu settings and "forget" the previous safestrap version's root privileges.
4. Place the new Safestrap.apk onto your sdcard or extsdcard.
5. Install the new Safestrap.apk.
6. Locate and open the new Safestrap app from your app drawer and press "Install Recovery." Done!

Known Issues:
None!...yet.

Please note: This is a Development Thread! Therefore, please do not post comments related to ROM specific issues, favorite ROM's, that weird rash that won't go away, etc., in this thread. Please use the following thread in the General section for non-development related discussion: http://xdaforums.com/att-galaxy-s5/general/updated-safestrap-g900a-kitkat-3-75-apk-t2938105

Credits:
Hashcode

iMRtwisted

Nov 30, 2014
ROM slots were made available by @muniz_ri yes they work here's the latest Safe strap
Here it is: Safestrap-G900A-KitKat-3.75.apk

All precautions, limitations, and known issues stated in the OP still apply! Proceed to install and use at your own risk!

Changelog:
1. Resolved "reboot from ROM-slot bug."

Instructions: Make certain that you have BusyBox installed! (Make certain that you open the BusyBox app after downloading from the Play Store and actually install BusyBox!).
1. Uninstall previous Safestrap recovery version using the Safestrap app "Uninstall Recovery" function.
2. Uninstall the previous Safestrap app from your app drawer.
3. Go into SuperSu settings and "forget" the previous safestrap version's root privileges.
4. Place the new Safestrap.apk onto your sdcard or extsdcard.
5. Install the new Safestrap.apk.
6. Locate and open the new Safestrap app from your app drawer and press "Install Recovery." Done!

Known Issues:
None!...yet.

Please note: This is a Development Thread! Therefore, please do not post comments related to ROM specific issues, favorite ROM's, that weird rash that won't go away, etc., in this thread. Please use the following thread in the General section for non-development related discussion: http://xdaforums.com/att-galaxy-s5/general/updated-safestrap-g900a-kitkat-3-75-apk-t2938105

Credits:
Hashcode

So that version will work for the ACTIVE variant? Just confirming, and this fixes the bug where using ROM slots wipes everything, right? Thanks, this will be my last question!

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
So that version will work for the ACTIVE variant? Just confirming, and this fixes the bug where using ROM slots wipes everything, right? Thanks, this will be my last question!

ROM slots doesn't wipe everything that I can remember I'm on my ObePlusOne my S5 is gathering dust in my drawer LOL. Yes that Safe strap will work for your active.
What exactly do you mean by wiping everything??

iMRtwisted

Nov 30, 2014
ROM slots doesn't wipe everything that I can remember I'm on my ObePlusOne my S5 is gathering dust in my drawer LOL. Yes that Safe strap will work for your active.
What exactly do you mean by wiping everything??

Hashcode put a post that said dont use ROM slots b/c it "DO NOT USE ROM-SLOTS YET. STILL DEBUGGING A MOUNTING ISSUE WHERE IT WIPES THE INTERNAL STORAGE."

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger

Attachments

• 1422640664671.jpg
    1422640664671.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 104

iMRtwisted

Nov 30, 2014
@muniz_ri has updated Safestrap to use ROM slots furthermore I have ROM slot one running Pyrana ROM and I have Clinchrom running on stock slot.
Perhaps you need to check this out
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794087

Why would you put Clinchrom in stock slot? Why not ROM slot 2? And thanks for all the help, its very appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Oh and what ROMS work for the ACTIVE version? Thanks

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
Why would you put Clinchrom in stock slot? Why not ROM slot 2? And thanks for all the help, its very appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Oh and what ROMS work for the ACTIVE version? Thanks

Why not put ClinchL in stock slot?? I have enough back ups on my ex SD card. I don't have enough memory in my internal to have two Rom slots

iMRtwisted

Nov 30, 2014
Have SS working on my S5 Active, i'm using muniz_ri's updated version, anywho, i noticed a problem, my backups have wrong dates, is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

brownboy6184

Jan 13, 2015
I been rooting and jailbreaking phones last 2 years mostly rooting though so I'm not to green when it comes to android system I'm no developer that's for sure ! I installed safestrap g900a kit Kat 3.75 also have busy box installed I'm running a g900a model but form said willl work for both s5 active I also put safestrap on my external SD card I reboot to recovery and create my rom slot 1 and leave my stock rom as is I don't want that one curupted when I reboot system in rom slot one though it just gives black screen and have to pull battery and active stock rom slot I thought other rom worked now? Any ideas thanks for all the great posts and topics love this site!

jeffcojake

Jul 17, 2013
cedar hill
Someone please help me uninstall safestrap! So first of all, I do not know what version I have because the app is not installed anymore because I installed a new ROM a long time ago. I couldn't find out how to see what version was installed so I went ahead and tried to download 3.75 and opened it and clicked uninstall and it said sucessful but when I rebooted, the splash screen for safestrap was still there... And yes I have busybox installed. I have seen posts saying you have to uninstall it in non-safe mode. What does that mean? Thank you! (Odin is not an option, I need to do it from my phone)

M.Nabeel

Nov 19, 2014
hi everybody i used safstarp to install a custom rom but i wiped the system and the rom didnt install correctly ,, now phone is stuck at s5 llogo .... no safestrap , i have a backup ... is there a way to load safestrap please ? or any help

s8freak

Jan 17, 2013
Sanger
hi everybody i used safstarp to install a custom rom but i wiped the system and the rom didnt install correctly ,, now phone is stuck at s5 llogo .... no safestrap , i have a backup ... is there a way to load safestrap please ? or any help

You have no system to boot that's why you're stuck on the splash screen you'll need to Odin to stock then reroot you'll be able to use your backup then

bconejo

Feb 20, 2015
I got caught in the loop too with myS5, Kies actually saved me. If you connect it and run the firmware upgrade all you have to do is enter the serial number and it restored you to stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You are in the correct thread look back a few pages and you'll find an updated SafeStrap just follow the instructions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
    Thanks....... KLTEATT-ND3-3.75-B03 was he only one I could find, a couple of members indicated that it would work on the G870A.
    I'm rooted and wanted to try some alternate apps & possibly a custom ROM, I know just enough about android OS to be a danger to my device.

that would be the one your looking for
    How do I put the rom of SM-G900M ( G900MUBU1ANI1) in the SM-G900A with SafeStrap?

G900A may not be compatible with 900M I know it is compatible with 900T and 900F

"All we know is...He's called the Stig!"
    Sent from my XKRom Gold LimiTed powered G900A
    Anyone had problem with ss not doing a backup? I try do backup looks like it's going start then screen goes black then back to backup page.
    On sm870a. With ne4 bootloader & baseband.
    Here copy of log from ss after trying do backup.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzNieA_8I6qveUl5c3ptaE1fZjg/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

yep I've had that problem it turns out my ex sd card was corrupted I bet that's what is happening with you as well. Even after I backed up all files on computer and formatted ex sd card I had same problem. I bought a new ex sd card BOOM problem solved.

"And on that bombshell it's time to end the show!" Sent from my VisionX powered G900A Rockin XKRomeBlue
    yep I've had that problem it turns out my ex sd card was corrupted I bet that's what is happening with you as well. Even after I backed up all files on computer and formatted ex sd card I had same problem. I bought a new ex sd card BOOM problem solved.

"And on that bombshell it's time to end the show!" Sent from my VisionX powered G900A Rockin XKRomeBlue

Thanks @s5freak, guess u are correct took sdcard out & was able to do backup to internal . So looks like I'll be picking up new sdcard tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk