Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,056 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Redtoring the galaxy s5?

Tip us?

DedNyte
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Redtoring the galaxy s5?

If i goto in recovery and restore my phone to defaults will i still be rooted? will all the bloat ware that i froze and remove stay how they are or will i have to do all that again? I really want to have a fresh start on my phone with root because i dont really use it for anything else so it would be nice to have a clean slate with only the things i need.

So to shorten up the question, is there a way to restore my phone to default and still be able to have or get root again?

I do have capabilites to back up user data incase that makes a difference in the answer.

Thanks you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

zoso28
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I don't know enough about the towelroot exploit to say whether you will still have root after a wipe, but you will be able to root again. The only thing that stops towelroot from working is updating the OS past the build date in geo's thread (March 30th I think). As far as all your stuff, you'll have to freeze/remove it again.
CURRENT: Galaxy S5 [Towelrooted Safestrapped Xposed]; T-Mo Galaxy Note 3 on Int'l xposed; At&t Galaxy Note 3 [Xposed]

RETIRED: Galaxy Note 2 [Int'l Xposed ROM]; Galaxy S IV; Galaxy S III [Task650 JB]; LG Optimus G Pro; Galaxy Note I717; BB Bold 9900 [Hybrid 7.1] iPhone 4s [jailbroken]; Galaxy S II [AOKP]; Moto Atrix 4G [CM7 Ba2tF @ 1.3GHz]; iPhone 4S; Captivate [Serendipity]; iPhone 4; BB 9800; HTC HD2 [CM7/WP7/ICS]; BB 9000 [Hybrid]; iPhone 3GS [Jailbroken]; HTC TyTN
The Following User Says Thank You to zoso28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DedNyte
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso28 View Post
I don't know enough about the towelroot exploit to say whether you will still have root after a wipe, but you will be able to root again. The only thing that stops towelroot from working is updating the OS past the build date in geo's thread (March 30th I think). As far as all your stuff, you'll have to freeze/remove it again.
so going through in recovery and restoring after i do backup of things like pictures etc. wont do anything drastic that could ruin the phone? Just might need to reroot?

shortydoggg
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Factory Reset does not kill root. It's fixed in the Rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to shortydoggg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DedNyte
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Everything worked great, thanks for the help.

Can a mod please close this