[Q] Redtoring the galaxy s5?

9th July 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

23 posts
If i goto in recovery and restore my phone to defaults will i still be rooted? will all the bloat ware that i froze and remove stay how they are or will i have to do all that again? I really want to have a fresh start on my phone with root because i dont really use it for anything else so it would be nice to have a clean slate with only the things i need.

So to shorten up the question, is there a way to restore my phone to default and still be able to have or get root again?

I do have capabilites to back up user data incase that makes a difference in the answer.

Thanks you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
9th July 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 47

357 posts
More
I don't know enough about the towelroot exploit to say whether you will still have root after a wipe, but you will be able to root again. The only thing that stops towelroot from working is updating the OS past the build date in geo's thread (March 30th I think). As far as all your stuff, you'll have to freeze/remove it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to zoso28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso28

I don't know enough about the towelroot exploit to say whether you will still have root after a wipe, but you will be able to root again. The only thing that stops towelroot from working is updating the OS past the build date in geo's thread (March 30th I think). As far as all your stuff, you'll have to freeze/remove it again.

so going through in recovery and restoring after i do backup of things like pictures etc. wont do anything drastic that could ruin the phone? Just might need to reroot?

9th July 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 289

767 posts
Factory Reset does not kill root. It's fixed in the Rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to shortydoggg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Everything worked great, thanks for the help.

Can a mod please close this

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread