Do You Check for App Updates Regularly?

Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We’re … more

Find The Best Apps With Google’s Picks & Other Tricks

The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last … more

Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Is the S5 worth it? I need your opinion

20th August 2014, 03:08 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
I have someone who wants my note 3 for their S5. Is it a fair trade?
One thing that bothers me is that my phone has twice the memory.
Plus the thin bezel on the note 3 looks hella better.
What do you guys think? Performance and resale value wise?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
20th August 2014, 03:11 AM |#2  
Member
Flag Winston-Salem
Thanks Meter: 3
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC17JW

I have someone who wants my note 3 for their S5. Is it a fair trade?
One thing that bothers me is that my phone has twice the memory.
Plus the thin bezel on the note 3 looks hella better.
What do you guys think? Performance and resale value wise?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

I love my s5 to death. I take advantage of the waterproof so often its amazing.
20th August 2014, 03:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
That's one thing I really like about the S5 but that's about it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 03:14 AM |#4  
Member
Flag Winston-Salem
Thanks Meter: 3
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC17JW

That's one thing I really like about the S5 but that's about it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

Its a deal breaker to me. Plus i get around 8 hours on screen time.
20th August 2014, 08:33 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
It really comes down to your needs. The s5 and the note 3 are pretty similar specs wise except for:
-s5 has better processor
-note 3 has more ram
-s5 has better battery and is water RESISTANT
-note 3 has a bigger screen and a stylus
-s5 has a better camera

Personally I would take the s5 since I find the better camera, water/dust resistance and a snappier processor to be better tradeoffs than a bigger screen and 1gb more ram

Also, the fake leather back might wear off quickly if you're not careful

Sent from my SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 07:27 AM |#6  
btort1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
The S5 battery lasts longer than the note 3? I usually get 4.5 hour screen time with heavy use and 20 hours


This is using greenify and debloated
22nd August 2014, 09:28 AM |#7  
dclarkg's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 322
 
653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btort1

The S5 battery lasts longer than the note 3? I usually get 4.5 hour screen time with heavy use and 20 hours


This is using greenify and debloated

Smaller screen means less juice to power it. I have the S4 but I had a friend's S5 for a few days and was impressed. If I have to chose an upgrade right now I'll go with the S5 since the Note 3 looks too big to handle as a phone and bigger screen will drain your battery pretty fast. There is nothing a note 3 can do than the S5 can't plus you get water/dust resistance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes