Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 52,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung keyboard smiley face button

Tip us?
 
galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
#1  
galaxy s4 nutjob's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 206
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Niagara Falls

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Samsung keyboard smiley face button

The smiley face Button is no longer working
I'm running Visix any ideas? I can still use the gear button to access the smileys
 
SkyAttacksX
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 74
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy s4 nutjob View Post
The smiley face Button is no longer working
I'm running Visix any ideas? I can still use the gear button to access the smileys
Smiley face button? I don't recall a smiley face button on the stock keyboard, although I usually just texted on Kik.... Screenshot?
 
galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
#3  
galaxy s4 nutjob's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 206
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Niagara Falls

 
DONATE TO ME
Default smiley face button

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyAttacksX View Post
Smiley face button? I don't recall a smiley face button on the stock keyboard, although I usually just texted on Kik.... Screenshot?

Kik? The video messaging app?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-19 03.45.41.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	2859320  
 
SkyAttacksX
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 74
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy s4 nutjob View Post
Kik? The video messaging app?
Sorry for getting back to you so late... Anyways, running Dynamic Kat now, I see the smiley face button you're talking about in the messaging app. Is it possible that it is not the stock messaging app that you got in your ROM? Or is it not missing, but just not working properly?

EDIT: Yes, Kik, the messaging app.

EDIT #2: Sorry for the second edit in under a minute lol. Anyways, it's not video messaging, it's text messaging.
 
galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
#5  
galaxy s4 nutjob's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 206
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Niagara Falls

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Rom

I'm using ViSiXS5UCU1ANCE, pretty sure it's the Samsung keyboard just noticed I have no access to my clipboard either maybe I'll have to hit the reset button if we can't figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-22-23-37-13.png
Views:	19
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	2866199  
 
SkyAttacksX
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 74
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy s4 nutjob View Post
I'm using ViSiXS5UCU1ANCE, pretty sure it's the Samsung keyboard just noticed I have no access to my clipboard either maybe I'll have to hit the reset button if we can't figure it out.
Hmmmm do you know of any other ViSiX users having the problem? If not, I can flash it in the afternoon tomorrow and see if it's there for ya. Sorry for my noob help, had the S4 for only 6 months before it broke, then got my S5 in April... before that I had an HTC Inspire, so I'm not used to a lot of this stuff yet. But yeah, get back to me and I'll flash it if anything!
 
galaxy s4 nutjob
Old
#7  
galaxy s4 nutjob's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 206
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Niagara Falls

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyAttacksX View Post
Hmmmm do you know of any other ViSiX users having the problem? If not, I can flash it in the afternoon tomorrow and see if it's there for ya. Sorry for my noob help, had the S4 for only 6 months before it broke, then got my S5 in April... before that I had an HTC Inspire, so I'm not used to a lot of this stuff yet. But yeah, get back to me and I'll flash it if anything!
I troll the threads all night since I work midnights and haven't seen anyone else with this problem. So if ya can any help would be appreciated
 
SkyAttacksX
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 74
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy s4 nutjob View Post
I troll the threads all night since I work midnights and haven't seen anyone else with this problem. So if ya can any help would be appreciated
Alrighty, downloading ViSiX overnight, gonna flash when I wake up, I'll report to you then
 
SkyAttacksX
Old
(Last edited by SkyAttacksX; 23rd July 2014 at 06:40 PM.)
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 74
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Backing up current ROM, then moving to flash c: Will edit this as I go on!

Edit 1: Flashing ViSiX and SuperSU

Edit 2: Booting - And might I just say that is a sexy boot animation

Edit 3: Smiley seems to work... hm... Clean re-flash?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more

Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more

Google Play Services Updated to Version 6.1

In addition to Android operating system proper, Google is focusing hard on giving the developers … more