Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 45,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung S5 G900A Lock Screen shenanigans

Tip us?

vmixus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung S5 G900A Lock Screen shenanigans

I have the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 G900A and am experiencing odd behavior related to the lock screen.

1.) "Screen Lock" method, once changed, doesn't take effect until reboot
2.) All "Screen Lock" methods reverts to "Swipe" to unlock after unlocking once.
3.) To change "Screen Lock" method back I have to goto "Settings -> Sound and Display -> Lock Screen -> Screen Lock -> <method type>" then reboot and again after unlocking once it reverts to "Swipe" method.

Potentially relevant history:
  • Phone is rooted using Towel Root
  • Xposed is installed
  • Applied this fix for S Health by editing build.prob from “ro.securestorage.support=true” to "“ro.securestorage.support=false”"

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

vmixus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmixus View Post
I have the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 G900A and am experiencing odd behavior related to the lock screen.

1.) "Screen Lock" method, once changed, doesn't take effect until reboot
2.) All "Screen Lock" methods reverts to "Swipe" to unlock after unlocking once.
3.) To change "Screen Lock" method back I have to goto "Settings -> Sound and Display -> Lock Screen -> Screen Lock -> <method type>" then reboot and again after unlocking once it reverts to "Swipe" method.

Potentially relevant history:
  • Phone is rooted using Towel Root
  • Xposed is installed
  • Applied this fix for S Health by editing build.prob from “ro.securestorage.support=true” to "“ro.securestorage.support=false”"

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
UPDATE : n/m figured it out.
At the bottom of the screen w/ the lock screen settings there's an option to set when to activate the lock screen and by default this was set to 10 min's and I just had to change it to be instant when press power button or whenever the screen timed out.