Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stop att software update

Tip us?

psm510
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] stop att software update

Device manager is downloading some att software update. Im assuming it will mess up my phones root and xposed settings. Is there a way to stop it by disabling the function in Titanium Backup? Or should i let it happen? Ive already disabled the push security updates (security policy spd_v2_1402) btw.

Nickovtyme
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by psm510 View Post
Device manager is downloading some att software update. Im assuming it will mess up my phones root and xposed settings. Is there a way to stop it by disabling the function in Titanium Backup? Or should i let it happen? Ive already disabled the push security updates (security policy spd_v2_1402) btw.
Use tibu to freeze these system apps: AT&T update; Samsung Push Services; localfota and security policies.

That should stop the updates. If you update it breaks root.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Galaxy S5 Active

Rooted, Safestrapped and other Tweaks

It's not as custom as I would like, but for now I'll take it.

Phone Graveyard: It all started with an LG CU500 3G, Motorola Razr (remember when they were the best thing out there?), Palm Treo 750 (Windows Mobile 6.1), iPhone 3GS, Dell Streak, hTc Inspire 4G, Galaxy S3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickovtyme For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psm510
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks! I had to keep my phone on airplane mode until you posted the solution!