Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] towelrooted gs5 question, samsung security updates, and att ota

OP sdevans80

30th August 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
There are a few questions here about my gs5 and note8.0, sorry for the long post, I rarely post but need a little guidance. Sorry if this post isnt exactly up to the standards of the rules, I also tried the search feature but didnt have any luck. I have spent countless hours reading threads. Ihave successfully rooted every, all 10, of the android devices I have owned which includes two tablets. SO TO ALL WHO POST INSTRUCTIONS HERE, THANK YOU.

I rooted my gs5 with towelroot pretty much immediately when it was released. I havent had any real issues, other than the phone freezing on rare occasion, and web pages get stuck loading about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way finished, when this happens I usually toggle the apn on and off and then the page will load. This happens kind of often, I attribute it to some bug in the stock TW rom. Of course im still hoping for a way to unlock the bootloader.

I get a notified of samsung security updates here and there, I have never updated that since I rooted, I assume that updating samsung security would most likely take away my root access.

I have a note 8.0 wifi tablet also and it is rooted, I had to root with odin on the tab, towelroot didnt work. I also get secuirty update notifications on my note 8 which I also ignore.

Will samsung security updates block root>

Will the new ATT gs5 update that was released this week block towelroot? I can easily unroot and update ota then try to re root with towelroot apk, I am worried that towelroot will not work anymore if I do that.

Anyone know if the att update blocks root, and is it even worth worrying about trying to download?

My note 8 is rooted via odin, but it still has stock recovery, how do I get twrp or clockworkmod? I am pretty sure there is not a locked bootloader on this wifi tab, but I do want custom recovery.

So any help with installing clockworkmod recovery on the note 8, I know the CWM app allows you to install cwm recovery but I have only done it once and forgot to check to see if the BL was locked, well it was and It was a pain to unbrick that device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread