Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New Update

Tip us?

VashTS
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalans View Post
Rerun the root.

Sent from my SM-G900A: ExtremeDebloat 2.3b
When I rerun towelroot it freezes. I can still exit the app but its stuck like i pressed the button haflway.

Waiting4MyAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I am still on ND3 rooted with Wanam Xposed and whole lot of Apps disabled/frozen. Phone runs great and fantastic battery life. Also all OTA related apps/modules are frozen. All that said is there really a need to update to NG3? Does it offer anything new? Still 4.4.2!
1-Samsung Galaxy S5, Rooted.
----------------------------------------------
2-HTC One GPe
Stock KitKat 4.4.4

jwebster
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender200j View Post
I just got a notification from AT&T for a new update. Anyone know anything about it?
Long story made short... I fouled up trying to get Alliance loaded through safestrap. Revertedt back to stock ND3. ATT Update ran while I wasn't looking... bye bye root. Now shows NG3- lambda root tool does not work :-/. Busybox gone SU no root no workie. Thinking Odin to downgrade to NC3 (since I can't find ND3 firmware) and start again. Then idea comes to mind ...why not just factory data reset? Will this get me back to ND3.? Any comments are welcome. My foul up was trying to partition slot 1 on SS and run/install Alliance from there. All good with Alliance but No mobile data and when I tried to reflash Alliance to fix.. S5 borked with partition damaged report. Was no 4G issue in build prop? Any/all help and comments are welcome. Thx.
NOW PLAYING:
SM-G900A
root SS TiBu
Alliance v5.1

Retiring.. SG - S3
SGH-i747 4.0.4
root CWM TiBU
Alliance - Triune II

TF300T ICS .30 Asus tab
unlock root TWRP NVflash TiBu = unbrickable

first android --> SGS Captivate
Mosaic VI - Stock Theme
(Darkcore 3.1)
JK4 Modem

Waiting4MyAndroid
Old
(Last edited by Waiting4MyAndroid; 4th September 2014 at 03:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebster View Post
Long story made short... I fouled up trying to get Alliance loaded through safestrap. Revertedt back to stock ND3. ATT Update ran while I wasn't looking... bye bye root. Now shows NG3- lambda root tool does not work :-/. Busybox gone SU no root no workie. Thinking Odin to downgrade to NC3 (since I can't find ND3 firmware) and start again. Then idea comes to mind ...why not just factory data reset? Will this get me back to ND3.? Any comments are welcome. My foul up was trying to partition slot 1 on SS and run/install Alliance from there. All good with Alliance but No mobile data and when I tried to reflash Alliance to fix.. S5 borked with partition damaged report. Was no 4G issue in build prop? Any/all help and comments are welcome. Thx.
You can still root NG3:
Try this, (Thanks to @muniz_ri)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...a-zip-t2862299
2-HTC One GPe
Stock KitKat 4.4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to Waiting4MyAndroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

btort1
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Is there any way to STOP this update besides buying TiBu pro? Can I just back up the att update on my sd and then delete it from my phone?

What else can I do?

I heard it won't update if you turn off wifi, is this true? My notification says postponed, I just want this to go away =(

Waiting4MyAndroid
Old
(Last edited by Waiting4MyAndroid; 12th September 2014 at 01:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by btort1 View Post
Is there any way to STOP this update besides buying TiBu pro? Can I just back up the att update on my sd and then delete it from my phone?

What else can I do?

I heard it won't update if you turn off wifi, is this true? My notification says postponed, I just want this to go away =(
Must be rooted. To stop all OTA and Security Updates, freeze the following:

AT&T Software Update.
FWUpgrade.
LocalFOTA.
Samsung Push Service.
Security Policy Updates.

You don't have to use TiBu. I use App Quarantine and it is free. Also you can delete the update from the cache folder using any root browser.
2-HTC One GPe
Stock KitKat 4.4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to Waiting4MyAndroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

btort1
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4MyAndroid View Post
Must be rooted. To stop all OTA and Security Updates, freeze the following:

AT&T Software Update.
FWUpgrade.
LocalFOTA.
Samsung Push Service.
Security Policy Updates.

You don't have to use TiBu. I use App Quarantine and it is free. Also you can delete the update from the cache folder using any root browser.
With app quarantine I was only able to disable AT&T software update, Locat FOTA

FWUpgrade, Samsung Push service and Security policy updates are not listed. Maybe a different name for them?

And is the cache update located on the root of the phone>cache folder? It's empty for mines.

Waiting4MyAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by btort1 View Post
With app quarantine I was only able to disable AT&T software update, Locat FOTA

FWUpgrade, Samsung Push service and Security policy updates are not listed. Maybe a different name for them?

And is the cache update located on the root of the phone>cache folder? It's empty for mines.
In App Q, change the Filter settings to show all apps, turn on advanced mode and check System Services.
2-HTC One GPe
Stock KitKat 4.4.4