5,815,022 Members 37,953 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T halts 4.4.3 update due to a battery drain issue.

Tip us?

iggdawg
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by t5620 View Post
well HTC or ATT should fix this immediately or i definitely going to switch to an Iphone 6 plus as soon as they're out for sale I'm done with all this updates mess with android phones.
what issue? you said you were having no issues whatsoever.

Also, a single "full charge -> full discharge -> full charge" sequence will properly calibrate a lithium battery. your device is constantly hitting full charge, so as long as you let it fully discharge once in a while you're more or less always calibrated.
AT&T user, because "it could be worse"
Inspire/DHD > One X+ > One (M7) > One (M8)

t5620
Old
(Last edited by t5620; 11th September 2014 at 12:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
I'm not having the issue cause I update via the RUU instead of using the OTA but It would have been easier to update via OTA instead of having to delete all and run the RUU that's why I'm complaining

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

BrianBaker
Old
Thanks Meter 884
Sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to justify purchasing an iPhone 6..Do you have a problem with the update or not?
<<I was a Victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>
Rom:Stock-Unlocked

its_dale
Old
Thanks Meter 12
that's what it looks like. You wanted the update so bad and youre complaining you had to work around to get it instead of doing it OTA. Upset cuz the OTA never got to you.

t5620
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker View Post
Sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to justify purchasing an iPhone 6..Do you have a problem with the update or not?
jajaja no, really i don't need an excuse, I don't have battery issue like i said, because I updated via RUU

GrandAdmiral
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Does anyone have a copy of the OTA, not the RUU?

PwnCakes193
Old
Thanks Meter 6,802

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce7373 View Post
I have the unbranded version (BS_US001) I bought from Amazon. It upgraded right away to 4.4.3 from HTC. The APN was Phone and, although it would indicate it was on the LTE network (AT&T, Los Angeles), I could never get more than 5Mb down, as if it were on HSPA.

I installed the AT&T RUU and immediately my speed shot up to 35-40Mb. The APN was now Nxtgenphone. What I've since read is Phone is used for H/H+ (4G), while Nxtgenphone is for LTE. But I have no idea how accurate that is.

The RUU's radio was also different. But I have been unable to ascertain if either of these two things, or both, are the reason for this dramatic speed increase.

As for Google Anywhere, I use it and have not seen any difference in battery consumption. In fact, I've been quite impressed with the M8's battery life overall.
Any chance you can provide the apn details? AFAIK att still uses the phone apn. I was just in contact with them earlier this week about the same data speed issues and they said phone was the defacto default for now.

bruce7373
Old
Thanks Meter 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnCakes193 View Post
Any chance you can provide the apn details? AFAIK att still uses the phone apn. I was just in contact with them earlier this week about the same data speed issues and they said phone was the defacto default for now.

That may be the case, I'm no expert, but from the little bit I've Googled, "phone" is for HSPA+ (4G) and "nxtgenphone" is/will be for Voice over LTE (VoLTE) whenever AT&T rolls that out. "Phone" definitely works, but the speeds are consistent with H/H+. All I know is that after running AT&T's own RUU, the only APN on my phone is "ATT nxtgenphone" and it works.

The settings are basically the same as "phone," Just give it a name like "ATT Nxtgenphone" and simply put "nxtgenphone" (w/out quotes) in the APN slot. I don't remember if "phone" had a setting for MMS protocol, but here it's WAP 2.0. APN type = default,fota,mms,supl,hipri