No registration required

For those with text message issues

OP johnnyutah22

25th May 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 105

437 posts
If your having issues with receiving text or mms messages and have previously owned an iphone or used imessage on any apple device including a macbook, this article may help you. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-fix-ime...-ios-7-1449963
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyutah22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Budd Lake
Thanks Meter: 82

303 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyutah22

If your having issues with receiving text or mms messages and have previously owned an iphone or used imessage on any apple device including a macbook, this article may help you. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/how-fix-ime...-ios-7-1449963

in my eyes this is BIG! i work for Verizon and we are constantly getting people coming in here returning there phones to go back to Apple because of this issue, finally glad they are aware of it
15th June 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 21

69 posts
More
Kinda Slimey move on Apple to retain customers. There's already a lawsuit against them for it from some woman in California. http://www.androidauthority.com/appl...ndroid-382608/

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,373

7,763 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper4209

Kinda Slimey move on Apple to retain customers.

Don't know if this was intentional by Apple. While that is surely possible, I personally feel its not the case (just a gut feeling), and that it is more of an imperfect implementation of iMessage. And one that they have no motivation to address, as it only effects folks that migrate to non-Apple phones.

I do criticize Apple for taking something long standardized (SMS/MMS) and used by millions across the globe, and making it into something proprietary and non-standard. Something Apple is infamous for; Firewire vs. USB, Lightning connector vs. MicroUSB, proprietary audio and video file formats, and on and on.

Not trying to make this an Android/Apple fanboy thing, or Apple bash-fest. Apple makes some fine devices. I just dislike Apple's love for breaking industry standards. They are called "standards" for a reason.

And its that breaking of widely used standards that has caused the issue in the OP in the first place.
Last edited by redpoint73; 16th June 2014 at 04:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread