Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,836 Members 43,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Firewater and latest AT&T HTC One M8

Tip us?

GermanGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 117
Default Firewater and latest AT&T HTC One M8

Just an FYI. I just received my replacement AT&T HTC One M8. Still has Android 4.4.2 but firewater does not work anymore for s-off. Had to purchase sunshine. My 3 previous AT&T M8 all worked well with firewater. I assume, they have updated the HBOOT. Just giving you guys a heads up.
AT&T HTC One M8
The Following User Says Thank You to GermanGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hieuman
Old
Thanks Meter 18
i just got my m8 a week ago and firewater didn't work. i had to purchase sunshine too

AvengerBB
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Did you guys unlock using HTC or is there a temp root method that works with sunshine without having to void warranty?

GermanGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerBB View Post
Did you guys unlock using HTC or is there a temp root method that works with sunshine without having to void warranty?
Don't worry about voiding warranty. AT&T only cares about physical damage to the phones.
AT&T HTC One M8

swapgut
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Wow, I got mine last week too, I got the unlock, root and firewater s-off done last Wed. the 6th.
I used HTC Dev to unlock and Vomer's guide. My adb and fastboot commands went awol from my pc right after I completed the s-off. Had some stuff not working right until I got that fixed and the 2.22.1540.3 firmware flashed.
M8 - s-off ATT4.4.3 Debloated
Rosie's in Clt!! GO CANES GO

midas69
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Just mine today, developer edition straight from HTC (Let's Talk). Loaded TWRP, rooted and used Firewater with no problem.

> Ari
Old
(Last edited by > Ari; 13th August 2014 at 11:33 PM.) Reason: Added information
Thanks Meter 0
Chiming in, picked my phone up yesterday and Firewater didn't work. Sunshine worked fine though, and in my opinion it was worth the $25 not to spend six hours trying to jack around with the phone. vOv Still, more of a pain than the Nexus 5 was though

Up and running CM 11 now--tried Viper and the Revolution but they just weren't my style.