Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 38,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How To Enable Ok Google from Anywhere on your HTC One M8

Tip us?

Tower1972
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbart1009 View Post
I'm not really familiar with rooting but done a bit of research on it. Well I tried and it still won't work. Do you think I'm missing something?

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Well by now the staged rollout should be completed...this may sound dumb but ....did you activate it? It doesnt happen by itself and needs to be enabled within the Google app itself
AT&T HTC One M8 ex-Harmon Kardon edition!
ARHD 10.2 Android 4.4.3!
Rooted, bootloader unlocked, SuperCID
TWRP 2.7.1.0

scott500
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbart1009 View Post
I'm not really familiar with rooting but done a bit of research on it. Well I tried and it still won't work. Do you think I'm missing something?

Sent from my HTC One_M8
The two things you might check are that youre running at least Android version 4.4.2 (unfortunately this doesn't work on older versions of Android)....and second that you've updated your Googke search to version 3.5.14.

You shouldn't have any problems on rooted devices. I'm running a rooted stock rom with S-off and it works just fine.

jahaangle
Old
Thanks Meter 3
This problem is killing me! I have a Nexus 7, 10 and a M8. OK Google anywhere is working on the 10, used to work on the 7 then inexplicably stopped and has never worked on the M8. I've tried everything, reflashed the ROM(s) cleared Google search, uninstalled it. Same with play services. It's really frustrating!

Everything's up to date. Once the trainer appeared when I enabled audio history but then the app crashed and it's never happened again. Totally stumped!