Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How can I upgrade my Doogee dg 300?

OP matheussousuke

31st October 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I noticed that the Doogee is actualy recognized by the computer as a HTC device. Now I'm in doubt on how to upgrade its Jelly Bean to Kit kat, as I can't find any specific tutorial on the web.
31st October 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,359

7,739 posts
This forum section is for the HTC One (M8) and the hardware is not even remotely similar to the phone you mention. Its unlikely anyone on this forum section can help you.
1st November 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Why's the phone recognized as a HTC one then? Even when rooted it, it was recognized as HTC one. If the category is wrong, point the right one, as I couldn't find it in the listing (M8).
4th November 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #4  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 114

404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matheussousuke

Why's the phone recognized as a HTC one then? Even when rooted it, it was recognized as HTC one. If the category is wrong, point the right one, as I couldn't find it in the listing (M8).

Hard to say why it was recognized as such, however, since the two devices don't share even similar hardware, this is not the right forum.

As for the correct forum, if you can't find your device here, that means it's not supported here.
7th November 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,359

7,739 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matheussousuke

Just some error. The computer probably just doesn't recognize the phone brand/model. Just because the computer says its an M8, doesn't magically make it an M8.

The hardware is not even remotely similar. M8 has a 2.3 GHz quad core Snapdragon 801 chipset. According to the Doogee website, the phone you mention has a dual core 1.3 Ghz Cortex A7 dual core chipset.

For more obscure devices, you won't find a device section. So your best bet is to post to the Q&A in "Android Development and Hacking" section: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help

But posting to the wrong device section is definitely not the right place.
Last edited by redpoint73; 7th November 2014 at 04:23 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread