at&t will NOT S-off!!

OP schollianmj

30th September 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,162

7,179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnux

Anyone know of any other roms or kernels that work with SunShine other than Maximum/Stock?

I'm pretty sure its a known issue that s-off won't work on ViperOne, at least for some folks.

Why do you want other ROMs? Just flash Maximus or stock, do the S-off, then go back to whatever ROM your want. It doesn't matter what ROM you s-off on (whether you like it or not) you will be on it for about 5 minutes.

The old GoldenEye ROM worked for me (as its close to stock, just cleaned up - and stock kernel) but that was firewater, not sunshine.
Last edited by redpoint73; 1st October 2014 at 06:28 PM.
1st October 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

I'm pretty sure its a known issue that s-off won't work on ViperOne, at least for some folks.

Why do you want other ROMs? Just flash Maximum or stock, do the S-off, then go back to whatever ROM your want. It doesn't matter what ROM you s-off on (whether you like it or not) you will be on it for about 5 minutes.

The old GoldenEye ROM worked for me (as its close to stock, just cleaned up - and stock kernel) but that was firewater, not sunshine.

Do you think the GoldenEye rom will work with firewater still or no?
1st October 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,162

7,179 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnux

Do you think the GoldenEye rom will work with firewater still or no?

If your M8 was shipped or OTA to a more recent software version, than probably not. The exploit was probably plugged in hboot or some other partition not related to the ROM itself. Of course, it doesn't hurt to try. Some folks have lucked out and s-off'ed with firewater even recently.

What hboot, radio?
1st October 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #24  
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

If your M8 was shipped or OTA to a more recent software version, than probably not. The exploit was probably plugged in hboot or some other partition not related to the ROM itself. Of course, it doesn't hurt to try. Some folks have lucked out and s-off'ed with firewater even recently.

What hboot, radio?

Got it. Flashed Maximum rom, used Sunshine to gain S-Off, updated my firmware, restored old backup.
13th October 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #25  
Flag Amber
Thanks Meter: 192

903 posts
More
I flashed a stock backup that's floating around our forum and used SunShine .
Roughly 5 minutes or so and bam i'm now S-OFF and can now go to sleep after a solid 24 hours or more messing around with firewater,rumrunner, multi combinations of Rom/kernels with no luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread