[Q] boot loop after stock restore

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By blueman92, Junior Member on 3rd July 2014, 07:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hello everyone,

noob here as this is my first post

i'm sorry for the book in advance, i just wanna give everyone the whole story.

i'm having problems with my at&t htc one m8. i've rooted it and installed twrp and supersu on it no problem(first time rooting) and made several nandroid backups. i made a stock back up and flashed to viperone rom played around on that for a while.

couple days later i still wanted to try other roms and explore what other roms had to offer, so i installed cyanogen mod 11, had some fun on that one. so i made a back up of this as well.

i then decided to try the google play edition [gpe] for the m8.(am i a flashaholic yet?) after this i wanted to compare the stock rom to the gpe rom sense i haven't used it in about a week.

heres where the problem begins:

so i tired to restore my stock backup and it gets past the at&t boot animation then goes to the htc one boot animation and freezes (or boot loops i guess). i figured maybe its loading or something but after 20 mins i got worried so i plugged it into my computer and rebooted it using the command line and command adb reboot boot loader. (thankfully it worked and i remembered this from the root video i used to guide me through the rooting process) it does this every time i restore that backup. so now i have three different roms backup and they work fine i can flash to and from any of them but the stock rom.

i did some digging and found that on cwm it might not backup the the boot.img or something about a partition?(figured it might does this on twrp as well) i know nothing of either. this is my only stock rom backup. i've looked for a stock rom to flash and can't find one so i'm hoping you guys can help me fix this backup so i can get stock sense 6 back.

as i said i'm a noob if someone could tell me what to do step by step to fix this or show me my mistake so i don't do this again. if it's fixable or give me a different solution or thread to get this problem fixed

i have sd card on the way if that matters. i am running low on memory on my internal sd.

any help will be greatly appreciated again sorry for the book.
3rd July 2014, 12:33 PM |#2  
Knoxville, Tn.
Thanks Meter: 13
i am assuming that you flashed the GPE RUU, if so here is how to get back to stock from that.
The Following User Says Thank You to chizler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 01:10 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
Thanks is there a way I can just flash between all of them or does the ruu stop me from doing so?
7th July 2014, 06:57 PM |#4  
Flag Pottstown
Thanks Meter: 440
Until there is a for Stock unlocked or dev edition, it is a bit more complicated going from one to another

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread