Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] boot loop after stock restore

Tip us?

blueman92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] boot loop after stock restore

hello everyone,

noob here as this is my first post

i'm sorry for the book in advance, i just wanna give everyone the whole story.

i'm having problems with my at&t htc one m8. i've rooted it and installed twrp and supersu on it no problem(first time rooting) and made several nandroid backups. i made a stock back up and flashed to viperone rom played around on that for a while.

couple days later i still wanted to try other roms and explore what other roms had to offer, so i installed cyanogen mod 11, had some fun on that one. so i made a back up of this as well.

i then decided to try the google play edition [gpe] for the m8.(am i a flashaholic yet?) after this i wanted to compare the stock rom to the gpe rom sense i haven't used it in about a week.

heres where the problem begins:

so i tired to restore my stock backup and it gets past the at&t boot animation then goes to the htc one boot animation and freezes (or boot loops i guess). i figured maybe its loading or something but after 20 mins i got worried so i plugged it into my computer and rebooted it using the command line and command adb reboot boot loader. (thankfully it worked and i remembered this from the root video i used to guide me through the rooting process) it does this every time i restore that backup. so now i have three different roms backup and they work fine i can flash to and from any of them but the stock rom.

i did some digging and found that on cwm it might not backup the the boot.img or something about a partition?(figured it might does this on twrp as well) i know nothing of either. this is my only stock rom backup. i've looked for a stock rom to flash and can't find one so i'm hoping you guys can help me fix this backup so i can get stock sense 6 back.

as i said i'm a noob if someone could tell me what to do step by step to fix this or show me my mistake so i don't do this again. if it's fixable or give me a different solution or thread to get this problem fixed

i have sd card on the way if that matters. i am running low on memory on my internal sd.

any help will be greatly appreciated again sorry for the book.

chizler
Old
Thanks Meter 10
i am assuming that you flashed the GPE RUU, if so here is how to get back to stock from that. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721435
The Following User Says Thank You to chizler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blueman92
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks is there a way I can just flash between all of them or does the ruu stop me from doing so?

Android The Greek
Old
Thanks Meter 334
Until there is a RUU.zip for Stock unlocked or dev edition, it is a bit more complicated going from one to another

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app