Camera closes after taking pic...

25th August 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

75 posts
Hello everyone. I just got this phone the other day after returning the galaxy s5. I am loving it but I have one issue and maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

Everytime I take a picture in the camera app after tapping the check button, the camera closes and I return to the home screen. Does anyone else have this problem or is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?
25th August 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,030

6,860 posts
Not normal. If the phone is stock (unrooted, etc.) I would try a factory reset (backup any personal data first) and see if the problem persists.
25th August 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 528

1,119 posts
Donate to Me
Only time I see a check in camera app is when sending picture via mms and it asks where I want to send from@gallery,camera etc... if this is case of attaching picture directly from camera to an mms then this is a normal function, if taking a picture and it just closes then this is not normal reaction
25th August 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

75 posts
Well it seems that the problem has resolved itself. I was just about to post a screen shot of the check mark so you guys could see it and then it just starting working as normal. Thanks for the responses and I'll post here if it comes up again.
5th September 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

75 posts
Ok the problem returned... I showed the issue to a buddy who has the same phone and it also turned out that I was missing several options on the camera. I did a factory reset and the problem persisted.

I think I found the issue... I was using Google Now Launcher. Apparently that launcher doesn't play well with the camera. I uninstalled the launcher and voila, all the features (video, zoe, dual camera,etc) are back and the camera no longer closes after taking a pic.

Anyone else want to test this theory and see if happens?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread