FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

My M8 Wont turn on

130 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By Blueoval24, Senior Member on 11th April 2014, 04:02 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Plugged in my phone to charge last night and woke up this morning and unplugged it. I noticed green LED was not turning off even after unplugging but figured it'd just go away. Drove to work and it was still on so I decided to restart to see if that fixed it. Well, now it WONT TURN ON! Ive held the power button down for about 60 seconds, tried power+up/down volume rocker and am getting no results. If I plug the phone in to my usb on my computer, the LED does not turn on either. Any suggestions? I think i may have to make a trip down to the ATT store today

11th April 2014, 06:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Vol up and power 15 seconds. Cannot be plugged in.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 01:05 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Arizona

More
Wanted to update, had to go to ATT and they declared the phone DOA. They seemed to think there was a surge when I was charging it. I was using the OEM charger and everything. Was two days out of the return period but they were awesome and gave me a brand new device anyway. This is the first time this has happened with any phone ive owned (that I havent dropped/soaked). Really hope this one lasts because it's beautiful!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
12th April 2014, 09:45 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 890

More
Same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I rebooted the phone and it never came back on. 2 days old and dead. No charge led, nothing. Returned it store.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
12th April 2014, 10:07 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Arizona

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5satellite2

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I rebooted the phone and it never came back on. 2 days old and dead. No charge led, nothing. Returned it store.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Were you rooted? S-off? It's most likely hardware related but trying to eliminate any other possibilities. Thank goodness for AT&T s return policy.

12th April 2014, 10:30 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoval24

Wanted to update, had to go to ATT and they declared the phone DOA. They seemed to think there was a surge when I was charging it. I was using the OEM charger and everything. Was two days out of the return period but they were awesome and gave me a brand new device anyway. This is the first time this has happened with any phone ive owned (that I havent dropped/soaked). Really hope this one lasts because it's beautiful!

i know your location says Arizona, but i had to ask;
it was there any thunderstorm or lightning in your area? is your charger was connect to wall outlet, or extended cord? does your charger still working?
12th April 2014, 10:38 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Arizona

More
There have been no thunderstorms for a while, and it was plugged into the wall with the oem charger. The charger still works but I'm not using it at the moment since I'm being parinoid.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blueoval24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2014, 02:25 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueoval24

There have been no thunderstorms for a while, and it was plugged into the wall with the oem charger. The charger still works but I'm not using it at the moment since I'm being parinoid.

did you root your phone or install any custom kernel, Rom , or anything other than stock?
13th April 2014, 04:56 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Arizona

More
The phone was rooted/s-off with the released HTC kernel modified for R/W. Stock Rom and everything.

13th April 2014, 08:24 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 890

More
I'm just glad it happened within the 14 days. I have owned 12 HTC phones and administered another 20+ and have never had one die before. I guess my turn was up!

Got a new one earlier. All is well again

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread