Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One M8 Soft brick/boot loop

Tip us?

technocrat7
Old
(Last edited by technocrat7; 30th August 2014 at 10:36 AM.) Reason: important
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] HTC One M8 Soft brick/boot loop

My HTC One M8 from AT&T got stuck in a boot loop after I unlocked it, put a custom recovery on it, and then tried to put a custom ROM on it.

I tried to put InsertCoin on there and it got stuck in a boot loop for some reason.

I got the SDK kit and tried doing a adb push my NANDroid I did originally (before trying the ROM) and so I have my NANDroid backup.

I just can't push anything to my SDCard because it keeps saying "adb shell ls /mnt/sdcard/" no such file or directory exists
same thing with "adb shell ls /sdcard/" no such file or directory exists.

I have my NANDroid backup (before the soft brick) and, a new ROM (Viper One M8 2.3.0)

so how do I "adb push" a file onto a filesystem that I have no access to?

Thanks!

**EDIT**
adb push viperOne.zip /sdcard says "protocol failure"

It's as if I have no rights to push anything.

When I try to "install from .zip" it says "unable to mount SDCard"

Hope this helps

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 501

DONATE TO ME
adb push viperOne.zip /sdcard/. is what it should be @command. make sure rom zip is in same location as adb/fastboot files
If you like the ROM's throw me a Red Bull...not expected, but very appreciated.....

technocrat7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders_Never_Cease View Post
adb push viperOne.zip /sdcard/. is what it should be @command. make sure rom zip is in same location as adb/fastboot files
They are in the same location as the adb/fastboot.
Still same errors.

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 501

DONATE TO ME
Are you booted into recovery when running that command?If so and still getting that error... Gonna have to attempt running an ruu then see if it clears it up, try to flash back stock recovery, boot into bootloader connect to computer and run the ruu. s-on or s-off?
If you like the ROM's throw me a Red Bull...not expected, but very appreciated.....

technocrat7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It is S-ON
Also I have a nandroid backup. But because I can't adb push anything, I can't even run the nandroid backup to restore.

It won't mount my SD card.

I have to do an RUU? How do I do that?

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 501

DONATE TO ME
ok so did you try to flash the kernel seperately@ s-on device? since rom has been flashed... pull the kernel from the rom zip you flashed and copy it to adb/fastboot location,boot into bootloader,connect via fastboot, then run fastboot flash boot boot.img
The Following User Says Thank You to Wonders_Never_Cease For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

technocrat7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I didn't do a kernel. It was just default.

That seems too complicated.

I somehow fixed my issue but getting CyanogenMod and flashing that using sideload. For the first time ever sideload worked.

However when I got the Google play services, it kept crashing when I opened it, any reason why? I have the CM nightly 20140830

Thanks!

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 501

DONATE TO ME
Cant help you on that,better to ask in the devs thread for that software your running. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocrat7 View Post
I didn't do a kernel. It was just default.

That seems too complicated.

I somehow fixed my issue but getting CyanogenMod and flashing that using sideload. For the first time ever sideload worked.

However when I got the Google play services, it kept crashing when I opened it, any reason why? I have the CM nightly 20140830

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Wonders_Never_Cease For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
What recovery? If TWRP, try CWM as SD mount issue (while sideload works) is a problem I've seen here several times before on TWRP.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

Tags
boot loop, htc, soft brick