Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 4.4.3 At&t update

OP Thibz68

30th August 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
After years of being away from the phone mod seen (I quit when android first appeared when Google came out with the G1 and G2.) I was a Windows Mobile guy.. I'm trying to get back into it and flash some bada$$ roms and mod away, but know nothing about android. I'm not gonna lie.. All this new lingo on here with android has me scratching my head .. But I am reading, searching and trying to learn..

So here's where I am stuck.. I have rooted my M8 and done S-Off.. But when I was reading up on Viper rom to get that bad boy installed on my M8 its says "It would be best if I update my firmware to 4.4.3".. But the device is not offering me the OTA... All I have done to the phone is root it and use Sunshine to do the S-Off.. I also read that OTA is not the best way to go.. So am I needing to un-root my device to get this new firmware ??.. I also seen where there was a Guru tool to show that my phone is back to locked and un-tampered to get OTA's ..But not sure if it works for the M8.. But any help I can get for this ol' schooler-noob would be much appreciated.. I just wanna install some cool roms again.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thibz \m/
30th August 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 41

130 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...0486?nocache=1

That will get you updated to 4.4.3. As stated in the thread, the update has been put on hold due to suspected battery drain.
The Following User Says Thank You to suprtrukr425 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #3  
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 37

123 posts
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprtrukr425

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...0486?nocache=1

That will get you updated to 4.4.3. As stated in the thread, the update has been put on hold due to suspected battery drain.

It is usually recommend to do a factory reset and if you can wipe all caches, doing the OTA and not doing this is like a dirty flash. I have always wiped after OTA since my HTC Aria days and have had no issues. in fact even using @Wonders_Never_Cease great roms after I debloat further to what I like I go in and zip align and wipe caches just for my peace of mind.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thibz68

After years of being away from the phone mod seen (I quit when android first appeared when Google came out with the G1 and G2.) I was a Windows Mobile guy.. I'm trying to get back into it and flash some bada$$ roms and mod away, but know nothing about android. I'm not gonna lie.. All this new lingo on here with android has me scratching my head .. But I am reading, searching and trying to learn..

So here's where I am stuck.. I have rooted my M8 and done S-Off.. But when I was reading up on Viper rom to get that bad boy installed on my M8 its says "It would be best if I update my firmware to 4.4.3".. But the device is not offering me the OTA... All I have done to the phone is root it and use Sunshine to do the S-Off.. I also read that OTA is not the best way to go.. So am I needing to un-root my device to get this new firmware ??.. I also seen where there was a Guru tool to show that my phone is back to locked and un-tampered to get OTA's ..But not sure if it works for the M8.. But any help I can get for this ol' schooler-noob would be much appreciated.. I just wanna install some cool roms again.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thibz \m/

If I was you I would check out this thread by @Wonders_Never_Cease. Should have everything you need.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...nse-6-t2837365
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to orvon.freeman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orvon.freeman

It is usually recommend to do a factory reset and if you can wipe all caches, doing the OTA and not doing this is like a dirty flash. I have always wiped after OTA since my HTC Aria days and have had no issues. in fact even using @Wonders_Never_Cease great roms after I debloat further to what I like I go in and zip align and wipe caches just for my peace of mind.

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

If I was you I would check out this thread by @Wonders_Never_Cease. Should have everything you need.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...nse-6-t2837365

I will give it a read .. Thank you .. Yeah, I'm so outta practice with this stuff it ain't funny .. But I guess part of the fun is the challenge in learning it .. Thanks again ..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread