Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help - all internal storage seems to be read only

OP d.l33t

6th August 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
This started a few days ago. The phone is running a GPE Rom, unlocked and s-on and randomly restarted on me Monday night. The same ROM has been on the phone for months. I have updates set to off and have not installed anything before this happened for days.

The device reboots when trying to change something in internal memory - ie uninstalling an app, or going to running processes in settings>apps

After the reboot any changes made between boots are gone. I can delete widgets, send messages, phone calls etc and all of them are gone. The phone boots in the same state as it was in at the first reboot from Monday.

I went into TWRP and tried to wipe and reinstall ROM - no dice. The device reboots into the last state. any rom install fails with a symlink error. I have tried to sideload adb and it fails. tried to restore and it fails. tried to fastboot oem reboot ruu and the device just restarts to the lockscreen. It is like there is no memory changing state at all. Tried to run ruu from hboot - no dice. reboots back to same lockscreen. I cannot seem to get the ruu exe to download from htc or I would try that.

I have also tried to flash the stock recovery to the phone to wipe and start from scratch - no dice. I am at a loss as to what to do. Also the phone reboots frequently when plugged into the computer - not nearly as much when standalone (although I can force the failure by looking at running apps or trying to uninstall an app)

If the uninstall doesn't reboot the phone, it shows the app is gone. Once I reboot it is back. I have searched and tried everything in the last two days. Help please
7th August 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 215

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.l33t

This started a few days ago. The phone is running a GPE Rom, unlocked and s-on and randomly restarted on me Monday night. The same ROM has been on the phone for months. I have updates set to off and have not installed anything before this happened for days.

The device reboots when trying to change something in internal memory - ie uninstalling an app, or going to running processes in settings>apps

After the reboot any changes made between boots are gone. I can delete widgets, send messages, phone calls etc and all of them are gone. The phone boots in the same state as it was in at the first reboot from Monday.

I went into TWRP and tried to wipe and reinstall ROM - no dice. The device reboots into the last state. any rom install fails with a symlink error. I have tried to sideload adb and it fails. tried to restore and it fails. tried to fastboot oem reboot ruu and the device just restarts to the lockscreen. It is like there is no memory changing state at all. Tried to run ruu from hboot - no dice. reboots back to same lockscreen. I cannot seem to get the ruu exe to download from htc or I would try that.

I have also tried to flash the stock recovery to the phone to wipe and start from scratch - no dice. I am at a loss as to what to do. Also the phone reboots frequently when plugged into the computer - not nearly as much when standalone (although I can force the failure by looking at running apps or trying to uninstall an app)

If the uninstall doesn't reboot the phone, it shows the app is gone. Once I reboot it is back. I have searched and tried everything in the last two days. Help please

Run my bootable at&t ruu. Works perfect. if you are s-on, you will need to lock your boot loader. Please click thanks in my ruu thread if I helped you out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...hboot-t2818556
7th August 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

Run my bootable at&t ruu. Works perfect. if you are s-on, you will need to lock your boot loader. Please click thanks in my ruu thread if I helped you out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-...hboot-t2818556

the phone will not even let me lock the bootloader. it fails with this message
(bootloader) [PGFS] partition_update_pgfs: pg1fs_security
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) deinit_lcd
(bootloader) mipi display off
(bootloader) mdp_clock_off
(bootloader) disable_mmss_clk done
(bootloader) pll1_disable done
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 536739196 (0x1FFDFD7C)
(bootloader) [CRITICAL] SPMI write command failure: cmd_id =
0, error
(bootloader) = 4
0, error
(bootloader) = 4
(bootloader) [INFO] Rebooting device
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.154s

also i did that - copied file to root of extsd and hbooted - it goes through and flashes zip then returns me to hboot menu
Last edited by d.l33t; 7th August 2014 at 02:10 AM.
7th August 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #4  

594 posts
Quote:

the phone will not even let me lock the bootloader. it fails with this message
(bootloader) [PGFS] partition_update_pgfs: pg1fs_security
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) deinit_lcd
(bootloader) mipi display off
(bootloader) mdp_clock_off
(bootloader) disable_mmss_clk done
(bootloader) pll1_disable done
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 536739196 (0x1FFDFD7C)
0, error
(bootloader) = 4
0, error
(bootloader) = 4
(bootloader) [INFO] Rebooting device
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.154s

You can try it with the bootlader unlocked.
7th August 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:

You can try it with the bootlader unlocked.

it just flashes zip then puts me back to the hboot screen - rebooting the phone takes me back to the GPE Rom
7th August 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #6  

594 posts
Quote:

it just flashes zip then puts me back to the hboot screen - rebooting the phone takes me back to the GPE Rom

what command are you using to relock boot loader? Are you hitting "vol up to update?"
7th August 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:

what command are you using to relock boot loader? Are you hitting "vol up to update?"

i am using hasooon2000 for lock bootloader. it never asks me to hit vol up
7th August 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #8  

594 posts
Toolkit. Urrr. Try
Fastboot oem lock
My ruu will ask you to hit vol up to update.
7th August 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

37 posts
Quote:

Toolkit. Urrr. Try
Fastboot oem lock
My ruu will ask you to hit vol up to update.

the ruu flashes zip - parsing then kicks me back to the screen where you can select fastboot/hboot - i have tried with the adb commands and get the same result.
7th August 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #10  

594 posts
What are the steps you are taking in my bootable ruu?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread