MWC 2015: What Are Your Predictions?

more

Best Apps To View RAW Images On Android

more

Note 4 Apps for Note 3 and How to Get More

more

CyanogenMod 12 for HTC Desire 601

more

[Q] how get a stock rom for htc one m8!!

OP dimakiller3

24th February 2015, 09:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
i wanna get an s-off with sunshine and install arhd rom after but my firmware isnt up to date so i was told to get a stock rom and update there.

Any suggestions on where i start and how to do it please?

Thanks
24th February 2015, 11:23 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,335

2,887 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimakiller3

i wanna get an s-off with sunshine and install arhd rom after but my firmware isnt up to date so i was told to get a stock rom and update there.

Any suggestions on where i start and how to do it please?

Thanks

I can't make sense of your post so I can't help you. Maybe you could reword what your trying to do because firmware has nothing to do with a stock ROM.
24th February 2015, 11:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
basically i installed a new custom rom ARHD and my wifi doesnt work there. After searching on the web apparently it's a firmware problem. I was told that if i install a stock rom and update the firmware there and reinstall the ARHD again my wifi will work.
25th February 2015, 02:34 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,335

2,887 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

basically i installed a new custom rom ARHD and my wifi doesnt work there. After searching on the web apparently it's a firmware problem. I was told that if i install a stock rom and update the firmware there and reinstall the ARHD again my wifi will work.

OK so you need the latest firmware are you S-Off? If so You need to download your device latest firmware an fastboot it. I would try that before I reflashed ROM..if you still don't have WiFi then I would a restore a stock backup you should have made or go to the development section an find an flash a stock rom
25th February 2015, 04:56 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,554

8,242 posts
Quote:

No, for the AT&T version that actually will not work. OTA will only update you to 4.4.4, and current ARHD is 5.0 (assume current Lollipop based ARHD is what you want).

Further, if you update to 4.4.4 OTA, this will break sunshine, and you won't be able to get s-off. So you will be essentially stuck on 4.4.4 firmware until AT&T releases Lollipop.

If you want to run Lollipop now (and any current ROM based on it, like ARHD) my advice is to s-off now. Then update to LP firmware manually.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread