FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[Q] at&t htc one m8 rom question

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Evan092, Junior Member on 22nd February 2015, 01:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I backed up my phone and have had troubles restoring a rom, although I don't have access to it at the moment, if I restore a backup I made with htc sync manager will it restore the rom I had? and if not, I've had troubles installing a rom with a .zip, because every rom I find is for a different bootloader (I have 1.6) and .exe's fail because my bootloader is unlocked. if I relock it should the .exe work regardless of the bootloader version. if neither of these would work, what do you suggest I do? I'd send it in to htc but they estimated $220, then another person said $290 is average, but it could be up to $350 just to fix it, and at that price I could almost buy another (sorry if these are easy questions)

22nd February 2015, 01:57 AM |#2  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 117

More
In order for someone to help, you should post the rom your on, whether your s-on or s-off, and what recovery you're using.
23rd February 2015, 03:57 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,964

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan092

I've had troubles installing a rom with a .zip, because every rom I find is for a different bootloader (I have 1.6)

I think you mean hboot 3.16, as "1.6" is not a valid hboot number for this device.

There are ROMs for every hboot number.

Quote:

.exe's fail because my bootloader is unlocked. if I relock it should the .exe work regardless of the bootloader version.

If you are s-on, the RUU will always fail with an unlocked bootloader.

Will it work regardless of hboot number? Technically no (although in your specific case, its sort of "yes"). The hboot number of the RUU needs to be equal and greater than what is on the phone. But as it appears you have hboot 3.16 on the phone, any correct RUU for AT&T will meet this requirement, as all official AT&T RUUs are that version or newer. But it must be an RUU for your version (AT&T) of the M8.

Quote:

I'd send it in to htc but they estimated $220, then another person said $290 is average, but it could be up to $350 just to fix it, and at that price I could almost buy another (sorry if these are easy questions)

If the phone simply isn't working/booting due to attempted mods; I'd say its not necessary to send in for repairs. I think we can get the phone up and running again. It just sounds like you tried some mods, and not completely familiar with the processes, concepts, etc.

In addition to the info posted in the reply above, also explain in detail what you have done to get to this point. Its not even clear what state the phone is in. But if you are considering sending in for repair, I assume this means the phone won't boot.
25th February 2015, 03:56 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

I think you mean hboot 3.16, as "1.6" is not a valid hboot number for this device.

There are ROMs for every hboot number.

If you are s-on, the RUU will always fail with an unlocked bootloader.

Will it work regardless of hboot number? Technically no (although in your specific case, its sort of "yes"). The hboot number of the RUU needs to be equal and greater than what is on the phone. But as it appears you have hboot 3.16 on the phone, any correct RUU for AT&T will meet this requirement, as all official AT&T RUUs are that version or newer. But it must be an RUU for your version (AT&T) of the M8.

If the phone simply isn't working/booting due to attempted mods; I'd say its not necessary to send in for repairs. I think we can get the phone up and running again. It just sounds like you tried some mods, and not completely familiar with the processes, concepts, etc.

In addition to the info posted in the reply above, also explain in detail what you have done to get to this point. Its not even clear what state the phone is in. But if you are considering sending in for repair, I assume this means the phone won't boot.

I relocked the bootloader and ran the RUU I downloaded right off of the htc website and it worked, thanks for the help
25th February 2015, 02:23 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,964

More
Quote:

thanks for the help

You're welcome, and there's a button for that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread