[Q&A] US Dev/AT&T 442/443/444 Debloated VVM/ISIS Release 10-19-2014

Search This thread

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
um those aren't the flashing instructions....not sure where you see that for Lollipop.

***Current 5.0.1 Lollipop Flashing Instructions***

If you have not flashed the 5.0.1 firmware it is included:

CID's that will flash correctly
cidnum: BS_US001
cidnum: BS_US002
cidnum: CWS__001

****S-OFF is necessary to proceed with flashing firmware package****

Extract firmware.zip from zip, copy to adb/fastboot location,reboot phone into bootloader connecting it via fastboot option,run commands listed below

Also included in this firmware package is the modified hboot with red text removed
IF you do flash this firmware package the commands to do so are as such:
* 1.fastboot oem rebootRUU
* 2.fastboot flash zip firmware.zip(if needed re-run this command)
* 3.fastboot reboot-bootloader

After flashing this firmware package stock recovery will be installed,extract twrp_2_8_3_0_m8.img from zip, copy to adb/fastboot location reflash twrp recovery that is included by running command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_2_8_3_0_m8.img

Now after flashing twrp reboot device into recovery,do these steps as it is important!!
factory wipe device,click advanced wipe and select data,system,cache and dalvik wipe these partitions.(TWRP will reload,do not flash until after rebooting recovery) Once this is finished reboot recovery and proceed to flash this ROM

On the flash guide for the Lollipop release, I'm confused. Is this the correct procedure?:
-Put full downloaded zip on root sd of phone
-Put full downloaded zip on computer and extract contents
-Follow fastboot instructions with firmware and twrp files in the adb/fastboot folder
-Reboot to recovery, wipe, etc.
-Flash full unextracted zip download from sd card

The reason I ask is because it seems like the zip file placed on the sd would be wiped when following the flashing directions, also the stock recovery and boot.img and some other files are in that zip, will they affect the flashing of the rom? Or am I just missing something?

Last edited:

johnnyutah22

Jul 17, 2011
Tennessee
I was summarizing. I found the answer in your development thread, was just confused about whether zip would be wiped and whether extra files in zip would affect flash, they don't, install went fine.

um those aren't the flashing instructions....not sure where you see that for Lollipop.

***Current 5.0.1 Lollipop Flashing Instructions***

If you have not flashed the 5.0.1 firmware it is included:

CID's that will flash correctly
cidnum: BS_US001
cidnum: BS_US002
cidnum: CWS__001

****S-OFF is necessary to proceed with flashing firmware package****

Extract firmware.zip from zip, copy to adb/fastboot location,reboot phone into bootloader connecting it via fastboot option,run commands listed below

Also included in this firmware package is the modified hboot with red text removed
IF you do flash this firmware package the commands to do so are as such:
* 1.fastboot oem rebootRUU
* 2.fastboot flash zip firmware.zip(if needed re-run this command)
* 3.fastboot reboot-bootloader

After flashing this firmware package stock recovery will be installed,extract twrp_2_8_3_0_m8.img from zip, copy to adb/fastboot location reflash twrp recovery that is included by running command:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_2_8_3_0_m8.img

Now after flashing twrp reboot device into recovery,do these steps as it is important!!
factory wipe device,click advanced wipe and select data,system,cache and dalvik wipe these partitions.(TWRP will reload,do not flash until after rebooting recovery) Once this is finished reboot recovery and proceed to flash this ROM

MrCleanMagicReach

Mar 18, 2015
Lollipop w/o firmware

Hello, so I'm just wondering if WNC has posted his ROM for the latest AT&T Lollipop release that doesn't include the firmware? I'm S-on and just looking for the ROM, don't see it anywhere and wondering if I missed it.

Thanks.

Reactions: adeptustech

cauqazn

Feb 16, 2011
Got an issue right now. Followed install guide but my phone will not dial out. Immediately disconnects call. Doesn't even ring.

data and WiFi works absolutely fine though. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Got an issue right now where calls immediately drop when being made. Data and WiFi works fine just can't make any calls. Any ideas?

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
Got an issue right now. Followed install guide but my phone will not dial out. Immediately disconnects call. Doesn't even ring.

data and WiFi works absolutely fine though. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Got an issue right now where calls immediately drop when being made. Data and WiFi works fine just can't make any calls. Any ideas?

I had this same exact issue (I flashed the ROM yesterday and just noticed today that phone calls weren't working). The fix for me ended up being disabling the enhanced 4G LTE here: Settings > Mobile Networks > Mobile Data > Enhanced 4G LTE Services

Was that the same you did or did you find another fix?

Wonders_Never_Cease

Jul 10, 2013
Calls not coming in is firmware issue....have to flash full att firmware,or run ruu back to att files...full wipe is required also.

I had this same exact issue (I flashed the ROM yesterday and just noticed today that phone calls weren't working). The fix for me ended up being disabling the enhanced 4G LTE here: Settings > Mobile Networks > Mobile Data > Enhanced 4G LTE Services

Reactions: Vandam500

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
Calls not coming in is firmware issue....have to flash full att firmware,or run ruu back to att files...full wipe is required also.

The weird thing is the calls don't work at all (Inbound/Outbound) with the Enhanced 4G LTE Services enabled. Once I disable that feature the calls work fine. Is that normal or should I still flash the ATT firmware again?

cauqazn

Feb 16, 2011

The first time I flashed rom I did not wipe after flashing. I did wipe BEFORE flashing.
The instructions IIRC say to wipe, flash, then wipe once more. Once doing that second wipe, I had no more issues with calling/receiving. But I am running Viper now lol.

Reactions: Vandam500

cauqazn

Feb 16, 2011
The weird thing is the calls don't work at all (Inbound/Outbound) with the Enhanced 4G LTE Services enabled. Once I disable that feature the calls work fine. Is that normal or should I still flash the ATT firmware again?

Back on this ROM and I have the same calling issue. With Enhanced 4G LTE services disabled calls work. Not sure why my buddies with stock phones do not have this issue and can utilize VoLTE. This ROM is supposed to be the closest to 100% stock right?

ZeRo2o9

Feb 14, 2011
Central Cali
Back on this ROM and I have the same calling issue. With Enhanced 4G LTE services disabled calls work. Not sure why my buddies with stock phones do not have this issue and can utilize VoLTE. This ROM is supposed to be the closest to 100% stock right?

Did you ever use the at&t RUU? You need to fully flash the firmware. And also make sure you have a newer sim card. I tested this before he even released it and it works fine it has to be something on your end

Wonders_Never_Cease

Jul 10, 2013
As you are having this issue across multiple roms you have tried, there is something amiss on your end. viper is euro based and you had same issue. Ill bet your running an older sim that is not provisioned for VoLTE. Or you have flashed a euro firmware which does not play well with the new att features they have implemented.

cauqazn

Feb 16, 2011
As you are having this issue across multiple roms you have tried, there is something amiss on your end. viper is euro based and you had same issue. Ill bet your running an older sim that is not provisioned for VoLTE. Or you have flashed a euro firmware which does not play well with the new att features they have implemented.

I flashed the firmware included in your package. I believe 4.28.502.1, is US firmware no? I just want to avoid doing RUU as I really do not want to wipe my entire phone.
I've got way too much camera photos to back up lol

And I actually went to ATT yesterday and got a brand new SIM thinking I had older sim, not the problem here.

Last edited:

ZeRo2o9

Feb 14, 2011
Central Cali
I flashed the firmware included in your package. I believe 4.28.502.1, is US firmware no? I just want to avoid doing RUU as I really do not want to wipe my entire phone.
I've got way too much camera photos to back up lol

And I actually went to ATT yesterday and got a brand new SIM thinking I had older sim, not the problem here.

Then that is the problem, your going to have to flash the ruu, only way to fix it you need a full firmware update so you get rid of whatever euro stuff is messing with it

Reactions: cauqazn

cauqazn

Feb 16, 2011

Then that is the problem, your going to have to flash the ruu, only way to fix it you need a full firmware update so you get rid of whatever euro stuff is messing with it

Did a backup, ran RUU, reflashed and it's fixed now. Thanks guys.

elpicard

Apr 17, 2011
Buenos Aires
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi.
It's safe to flash this firmware over a 4.16.401.10 Euro unbranded phone?
Im looking for the LTE bands from ATT. besides the good advice in others posts I'd like to know if anyone has experience doing it.
thks.

Enviado desde mi HTC One_M8 mediante Tapatalk

elpicard

Apr 17, 2011
Buenos Aires
Samsung Galaxy S21
Yes. But you'll need to have s-off, and change your CID and MID.

Help please. I follow instruction as given in the blue font in OP everything ok until I try to flash the ROM from recovery. it give me a red letter error I read something as binary error and then reboot itself and now I stuck in with screen with HTC green logo and nothing happend, even I cant tur it off nor reboot. Please, tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
I press power+vol up to force reboot.
immediately power + vol down to enter recovery
I copy again the ROM file and flash again.
profit.

tomorrow I will test if now im getting LTE band 4 or what.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lollipop has been released
    For those not able to post yet in the dev thread, an update was released today...:cool:
    Okay dumb question, how do I remove all widgets from lockscreen? I've checked out everything on exposed and don't see it also searched Google. Ideas?
    Slide your finger down on the widget then tap and hold on it and drag it to remove like normal

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    No there was nothing changed by me with kernel or otherwise. Not all things remain same from htc with the newer builds..from my reading things will be completely different again with Lollipop. And also google has been changing things in thier apps as well in anticipation of 5.0. Long winded reply. Havent changed anything.

I installed the Rom per instructions, installed xposed, softcard, and just popular apps, no more tweaks. On my 4.4.2 Rom, I have my phone connected to my car via bluetooth, and once connected, it resumes music without having to take my phone out my pocket, unlock the phone, open the app and finally play. Was there a tweak done on the Kernel, maybe for battery savings, that prevents the phone from autoplay when connected to a car on the latest version of the Rom? If there is, can we make exceptions on the Kernel for maybe, Google play music?
    Thanks in advance for any ideas.
    Hi.
    It's safe to flash this firmware over a 4.16.401.10 Euro unbranded phone?