[Q] Stuck on HTC bootup screen, even though phone is actually booted up to homescreen

Search This thread

richardb85

Nov 27, 2007
Hi all, hoping to get some help. I rooted my phone the other week and was using viperrom. I had no problems whatsoever, no glitches that I could remember. That is, until I decided to trade my m8 with a friends Note 3. I factory reset it and give it to her, I left the viperrom on because she didn't mind but then the glitches started to happen. The onscreen bottom 3 buttons disappeared for her (home, back,etc.), So I reset it again but the problem persists. I searched for an at&t stock rom and sideloaded that after master resetting, wiping the dalvik cache and all that... now a different problem popped up. It hangs at the HTC logo for what seems like forever, but then I noticed the volume up and down make a noise as if the phone is loaded up. I pressed the power button a few times and eventually the screen turned on and I could see the home screen. This happens every time I restart the phone and I have tried reinstalling the stock rom a few times. I am now in the process of trying a different stock rom.. the first was odexed and this new one is deodexed, I dont know if that makes a difference in my situation but does anyone know what could be causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

richardb85

Nov 27, 2007
Nvm, after a few more master resets it seems to have sorted itself out... not sure what it was but its gone now.