MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

[Q] HTC M8 Camera Crashing and not working

2nd April 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Love this phone more than anything, but after fiddling around with it on the first day the camera app is no longer working. It worked initially for a few minutes then it would freeze up and crash all together. And no I do not have the Last Pass app that people say is causing the crash. I did a factory reset and its still not working. I assumed it was a software issue, but even after rooting and flashing a custom rom it's still not working. Probably going to contact HTC tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the camera?
12th April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

94 posts
It's LastPass
I had the same problem.. If you have last pass installed. Launch it... go to preferences and disable auto fill apps
16th July 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I'm having the same problem, and I do not have Lastpass. So please don't be useless and say it is that app. I do not have other apps installed to manage passwords, but whatever Android software is native to ATT does a good job at remembering passwords...

Somewhere else on the interweb someone said Line could be a culprit. Anyone???
16th July 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,042

6,878 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_admiral

I'm having the same problem, and I do not have Lastpass. So please don't be useless and say it is that app. I do not have other apps installed to manage passwords, but whatever Android software is native to ATT does a good job at remembering passwords...

Somewhere else on the interweb someone said Line could be a culprit. Anyone???

Have you tried factory reset and/or Safe Mode? Those would eliminate the possibility that a 3rd party app is the culprit.

If those still don't solve the issue, I would recommend running the RUU. RUU will return all software to the stock image. So if the problem persists after RUU, I would tend to believe its a hardware issue.

I'm assuming you are running a stock device, but you haven't given that info. The problem with jumping onto an existing thread and saying "I have the same issue" is that the OP may/or may not have the exact same conditions as you (which is almost always not the case). And if you don't tell us the specifics, it makes it hard for us to help. For instance, the OP stated he tried factory reset, plus root and a custom ROMs (with no success) and we don't know if you did the same or not.
Last edited by redpoint73; 16th July 2014 at 03:55 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread