Ask a question

No registration required

Unlocking Mistake now stuck

OP magicbumm328

3rd August 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

93 posts
I was attempting to unlock the bootloader on my AT&T HTC One M8 and when you press power and vol down and you go to select fastboot...well my finger accidentally slipped and I hit the option below that. I do not remember what it is but now I have a red phone with a triangle and exclamation point in it on my screen that I can't get rid off.

Help please!

Issue resolved figured out how to advance recovery mode. Thanks in advance
Last edited by magicbumm328; 3rd August 2014 at 06:13 AM.
4th August 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,360

7,739 posts
Glad you found the solution. But for the benefit of others, the red exclamation point is stock recovery. To enter recovery options menu from there, I believe you press power+vol up.

Not sure if there is a reboot option from there. But at any point AFAIK you can also hold power+vol up (for several seconds) to reboot the phone.
4th August 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

93 posts
Thank you! I found that the power + vol up is what got me into further settings. I have really only rooted Samsung devices so it was a little different and I panicked lol but I found that out and thank you for the other info about being able to reboot the phone I did not know that. But its all working well now and I have flashed a ROM and all. Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread