Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PREORDER COMING SOON: LG G3 PMA Wireless Charging Sticker Chip for AT&T/Rogers/Bell

Tip us?

iazybandit
Old
(Last edited by iazybandit; Yesterday at 11:02 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247

DONATE TO ME
Default PREORDER COMING SOON: LG G3 PMA Wireless Charging Sticker Chip for AT&T/Rogers/Bell

The Qi version has a version 2 which has the adhesive sticker already incorporated. All you have to do is remove the 3M paper, apply to your battery door and apply the heat dispatching sticker. Pictures below are of the Qi version but the PMA version will look the same.

PREORDERS WILL START 9/25 at 12AM EST
Sign up for newsletter to be informed of when preorders are available at http://tinyurl.com/lgg3pmachip
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS.

New poll to gauge where people reside for shipping:
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p...b0b6737644845b

PREORDER WILL BE SOLD 50 AT A TIME TO HELP EASE WITH PACKAGING AND SHIPPING

Current status:
- Order placed. PAYMENT SENT [9/22]
- Shipped out of China, on it's way to me (NY) [9/??]
- SHIPMENT OF STICKERS ARRIVED!!! [10/??]

GROUP 1
- Begin packaging, printing shipping labels [10/??]
- ALL 50 PACKAGES SHIPPED OUT [10/??]

GROUP 2

GROUP 3

I own a Verizon LG G3 and have sold some Qi sticker chips for wireless charging. I've gotten lots of questions asking if the Qi chips will work on AT&T (of course, we all know that is a no). But I have been communicating with a manufacturer and they have requested me to buy a AT&T LG G3 for them and ship it to them so they can do some research on the PMA wireless charging. If they are able to gather information from their research, there may be a PMA sticker chip for all you AT&T users rather than having to wait or transplant from a Quick Circle case.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If it all works out, I'll look into purchasing a bunch of PMA chips and helping XDA like I did with the Qi.

For those curious, I have 1306 positive feedback on eBay (slickoffers).

I AM PROVIDING A SERVICE LIKE I DID WITH THE QI STICKER CHIPS FOR VERIZON, TMOBILE AND SPRINT USERS. I AM FORKING CASH UP FRONT TO ACQUIRE THESE STICKERS IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET THEM QUICKER TO YOU. I GET SHIPMENTS WITHIN 4 BUSINESS DAYS AND HAVE IT DELIVERED TO YOU WITHIN 2-5 DAYS (DEPENDING ON THE SHIPPING METHOD YOU CHOOSE) INSTEAD OF YOU WAITING 2-3 WEEKS FOR IT TO ARRIVE FROM ASIA OR NOT BEING ABLE TO HAVE IT DELIVERED TO YOUR STATE OR DON'T LIKE ORDERING FROM OVERSEAS. I AM NOT A BUSINESS AND SHIP THESE WHEN I GET HOME FROM MY FULL-TIME JOB. I WILL DO MY BEST TO SHIP OUT THE NEXT DAY BUT I DO HAVE OTHER OBLIGATIONS SUCH AS HOUSE CHORES AND HELPING MY PREGNANT WIFE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

-----------------------------------------------------

*UPDATE*
August 21 - Manufacturer has received the AT&T LG G3 phone. Waiting for update to their research.
September 5 - Newsletter sign up is now open. Be the first to know when preorders are open.
September 21 - Preorders is starting soon. Sign up for newsletter via link above to be notified when they are open.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to iazybandit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GalaxyNotesTx
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by iazybandit View Post
I own a Verizon LG G3 and have been selling Qi sticker chips for wireless charging. I've gotten lots of questions asking if the Qi chips will work on AT&T (of course, we all know that is a no). But I have been communicating with the manufacturer who produces them and they have requested me to buy a AT&T LG G3 for them and ship it to them so they can do some research on the PMA wireless charging. If they are able to gather information from their research, there may be a PMA sticker chip for all you AT&T users rather than having to wait or transplant from a Quick Circle case.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If it all works out, I'll look into purchasing a bunch of PMA chips and offer it to XDA like I did with the Qi.
I'm in!!

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyNotesTx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joyeuxmort
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iazybandit View Post
I own a Verizon LG G3 and have been selling Qi sticker chips for wireless charging. I've gotten lots of questions asking if the Qi chips will work on AT&T (of course, we all know that is a no). But I have been communicating with the manufacturer who produces them and they have requested me to buy a AT&T LG G3 for them and ship it to them so they can do some research on the PMA wireless charging. If they are able to gather information from their research, there may be a PMA sticker chip for all you AT&T users rather than having to wait or transplant from a Quick Circle case.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If it all works out, I'll look into purchasing a bunch of PMA chips and offer it to XDA like I did with the Qi.
As am I! I've been waiting for one of these since I got the phone. Thanks for taking the time and interest to look into it for us!

TheWyzeMan
Old
Thanks Meter 19
You would be my favorite person ever. $60 is too much to spend on a back just to mutilate it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheWyzeMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danix180
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Count me in!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3's&7's
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Sounds awesome. Please keep up posted!
LG G3 D851 on AT&T

sailindawg
Old
(Last edited by sailindawg; 15th August 2014 at 07:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Sounds great! subscribed!

Question: if you can get a manufacturer to produce this, can it be made as slim as possible with no metal disk or magnet?

Thanks!

iazybandit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailindawg View Post
Sounds great! subscribed!

Question: if you can get a manufacturer to produce this, can it be made as slim as possible with no metal disk or magnet?

Thanks!
I don't know what their plans are for producing or even if they can make it compatible with PMA. For cost and production, they may just produce it the same as what the Qi sticker chips are for Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint.
The Following User Says Thank You to iazybandit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sailindawg
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I guess we will be standing by. Thanks again for your efforts!

iazybandit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247

DONATE TO ME
They should be receiving the phone on August 23rd. Hopefully they can start researching and find a solution quick. I told them to let me know as soon as they have confirmation and that it works. I've already bought 500 Qi stickers from them so I'm probably their #1 buyer. LOL.

The Following User Says Thank You to iazybandit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
at&t, lg g3, pma, wireless charging