SOLD OUT : LG G3 PMA Wireless Charging Chip for AT&T/Rogers/Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iazybandit

Jul 21, 2014
www.1kindphotography.com
Just an update, the AT&T LG G3 was delivered to the manufacturer yesterday. A few days earlier than the estimated delivery date. Now lets see how long it takes for them to find a solution and produce it. Will keep everyone posted.

gastaman

Jan 24, 2012
$150!? Yikes. Better off just buying a Qi and PMA separately. You'll still end up paying 1/3 of that price.

The $150 appears to be for a demo kit intended for potential resellers of the product. I don't believe you actually buy the product direct from them.

Edit: NM, the product actually doesn't even appear to be meant to be sold to end users. It appears to be a product intended for purchase in bulk for installation into venues and furniture. The $150 is just a small demo unit that can be purchased to sample the product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Qi version has a version 2 which has the adhesive sticker already incorporated. All you have to do is remove the 3M paper, apply to your battery door and apply the heat dispatching sticker. Pictures below are of the Qi version but the PMA version will look the same.

lgg3pma.jpg

lgg3pma_frontback.jpg

PMA Charging Mats via Amazon http://tinyurl.com/lgg3pmachip
    ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS.

REMINDER: DO NOT INSTALL HEAT DISPATCHING STICKER UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMED THAT YOUR PHONE IS WIRELESSLY CHARGING.

Install the small rectangular sticker followed by the PMA sticker chip. Put the battery cover back on to your phone and test to make sure that the wireless charging is working. If it is not working, remove the battery cover and reposition the PMA chip and test again. Once it is confirmed working and wirelessly charging, Apply the heat dispatching sticker and put back your battery cover.

I say this because the heat dispatching sticker is hard to remove.

I own a Verizon LG G3 and have sold over 500 Qi wireless charging sticker chips. I've gotten lots of questions asking if the Qi chips will work on AT&T (of course, we all know that is a NO). But I have been communicating with a manufacturer and they have requested me to buy a AT&T LG G3 for them and ship it to them so they can do some research on the PMA wireless charging. If they are able to gather information from their research, there may be a PMA sticker chip for all you AT&T users rather than having to wait or transplant from a Quick Circle case.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. If it all works out, I'll look into purchasing a bunch of PMA chips and helping XDA like I did with the Qi.

For those curious, I have 1306 positive feedback on eBay (slickoffers).

I AM PROVIDING A SERVICE LIKE I DID WITH THE QI STICKER CHIPS FOR VERIZON, TMOBILE AND SPRINT USERS. I AM FORKING CASH UP FRONT TO ACQUIRE THESE STICKERS IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET THEM QUICKER TO YOU. I GET SHIPMENTS WITHIN 4 BUSINESS DAYS AND HAVE IT DELIVERED TO YOU WITHIN 2-5 DAYS (DEPENDING ON THE SHIPPING METHOD YOU CHOOSE) INSTEAD OF YOU WAITING 2-3 WEEKS FOR IT TO ARRIVE FROM ASIA OR NOT BEING ABLE TO HAVE IT DELIVERED TO YOUR STATE OR DON'T LIKE ORDERING FROM OVERSEAS. I AM NOT A BUSINESS AND SHIP THESE WHEN I GET HOME FROM MY FULL-TIME JOB. I WILL DO MY BEST TO SHIP OUT THE NEXT DAY BUT I DO HAVE OTHER OBLIGATIONS SUCH AS HOUSE CHORES AND HELPING MY PREGNANT WIFE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

Where i sent the money?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
    No where yet. Manufacturer hasn't received the AT&T phone I sent them. Once I get confirmation that they got pma chips working, I'll set up a preorder page.

For now, hold tight. Donations are welcome for my efforts ;)
    in. i would say first batch should be about 50 and then after the reviews another 50-75 for the 2nd wave. appreciate you helping us PMA users.
    Only issue in doing small waves is the long wait time for between each shipment. I still get my shipment in a lot quicker than if you were to buy it on your own (I get my shipment in 3-5 days where as you'll probably have to wait 3 weeks). Plus, it would cost me more in Western Union fees every time I send money to them. With the Qi sticker chips, every time I order chips, I have to pay WU fees. Yes, I can order 300-500 at one time, but I don't want to get stuck with them. Not to mention, I'm forking out my own money to acquire these. I can have people pay up front to help offset the cost of purchasing but that just ties up people's money.

I'm sure if the manufacturer has chips working working for AT&T, it should be no problem as they test each chip with their machine. With the Qi chips, there's a bigger market since it covers Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint where as with the PMA, I'm only limited to AT&T users. Of course, not every AT&T user has a LG G3, so I have to gauge the amount of AT&T users that are interested in these to see how many to order. Like the Qi chips, I may have to set up a newsletter and have people sign up. This will let me know how many people. I underestimated the demand for the Qi and my first order was 100. With the AT&T, I may have to order 200 at one time and be done. If the demand is more, I may order more.

I'm not a business or wholesaler. I have a full time, 9-5 job and go home after work to help my pregnant wife and whatever a normal married homeowner does LOL. So all packing and printing of shipping labels is done after work with my wife helping. But you'll still get it quicker from me after all said and done than if you were to buy directly from them. Not to mention, they don't ship to all states for whatever reason. Like the Qi chips, I'll sell as much as I can so as long there is demand but once I see other people selling, that's when I stop (yes, I do make a little profit from selling as I have to buy shipping materials, ink, cut each sticker and pack them. Also need to pay for those diapers somehow).

Sorry for the long rant. Just pointing out the process involved when I'm doing this.
    Dang dude. I'm all for paying you for your efforts (although lets be honest, it hasn't been a lot), but there is no way I'm paying you a 50% premium over buying retail. Obviously others are free to do what they want. 300 coils with at least a $10 premium (and it's probably more - the supplier should have cut you a quantity discount off retail since you bought in bulk) = $3000 profit. All you did was send them a phone and a few emails......

No thanks. I'll be buying direct from the supplier. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...or-LG-G3-CASE-D850-AT/1034479_2043795555.html

You sir, are an ass. I didn't see you getting off your lazy butt to get this going to the community. If you are not willing to give this guy an extra $10 for making this happen, not only are you a cheap skate but also a poor XDA community member.
    So I'm going to do what I did with the Qi preorders. Sign up for newsletter to be informed of when preorders are available.

Make sure to confirm the email and keep an eye on your spam/junk mailbox since your email may put it there. But for the latest update, this is the best place to check first.