Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 43,060 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cases/covers: what are you using?

Tip us?

mrhaley30705
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,340

DONATE TO ME
Default Cases/covers: what are you using?

Just as it says, what is everyone using?

I'll go first. Currently using a cheap generic cover from mall. An otterbox defender is on order, however.

Enddo
Old
Thanks Meter 658
Ever since I saw the Nexus 5(one of the most fragile smartphones I've experience over the past couple of years) in a drop test in the Bugdroid Cruzerlite TPU case on YouTube, I have been sold on their cases. I was a fan of simple bumper cases before these.

Since I am used to having one of those on my N5, when I first got the G3, it felt too thin, was hard to grip and hold properly. Since then, I have received the black Bugdroid case(3 days ago) and I have been loving it on the G3. I couldn't say enough good things about the case and how it feels in the hand with this device
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enddo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redrider54
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Love my Bodyglove case! Feel great and super grippy.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II (Grey)
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III (White)
The Following User Says Thank You to redrider54 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

han012
Old
(Last edited by han012; 21st July 2014 at 02:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Circle cover case cause I wanted the wireless pma charging ability and I like the circle case lock screen. For the pma charger I picked up Duracell 24 hour three piece set for iPhone 4/4s. Base charger in the set works for the circle case and used the 4s charging case for my work iPhone. Only paid $19 from Amazon for charging set but $59 from att for circle case

sailindawg
Old
Thanks Meter 13
How much thicker is the quick circle case compared to the stock back? How difficult would it be to remove the pma reciever & install in stock back?

han012
Old
(Last edited by han012; 21st July 2014 at 02:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailindawg View Post
How much thicker is the quick circle case compared to the stock back? How difficult would it be to remove the pma reciever & install in stock back?
The plastic isn't flush on the corners like oem back but it doesn't look bad. Also the back feels more tactile. There doesn't seem to be a bigger 'bump' on the back vs oem. Main diff is the corners and the feel.

Not sure how hard it would be to do a transplant of the receivers....

JediSooner
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Bought the case linked below while I wait for the red Seidio Surface case/holster combo to become available. For $9, it's much more than I expected. Very good quality and has a kickstand on the phone shell and the holster.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KSK..._LcwZtb0FQ5Q8W

4ndroid99
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I have Spigen slim armor and zagg invisible shield glass. Both provide excellent protection.
AT&T LG G3 -- stock, rooted
Amazon Kindle Fire -- CyanogenMod 11
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 -- Google Edition ROM 4.4.4 -- retired

memtenn
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Default Supcase Bumper C ase

I'm using supcase bumper case and a glass screen protector. It's a frost back so you can see the back of the phone and it's a perfect fit.. Its thin so it adds minimum bulk. Got it off amazon.
The Following User Says Thank You to memtenn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kmac_thp
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Raw doggin it for now. Cases add too much bulk for my liking, till I drop it and it takes a beating. Then I'll most likely get as small and thin a case as I can find.
"A mans game charges a mans price."