Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Thumbs up Anker 3000mAh Li-ion Battery for LG G3

OP MasterN02

11th November 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 18

164 posts
More
I have spent the days since receiving this battery from Anker for review rigorously testing it in a real-world environment. I haven't been using any sort of battery test program other than my near-constant use of my new LG G3. With Anker's track record of quality and customer service thus far, I continue to expect the best from them. And, as they request, I don't blow smoke or hold back in my review of their products.

After several battery cycles under what I would consider heavy/near-constant use on Auto Brightness with the Baseline Slider at 80%, I averaged about 6 hours and 22 minutes of near-constant use. This may not sound like a lot, but under the conditions that I was operating the phone with heavy download, updates, game play, and Internet browsing, this was quite impressive to me. I would consider it every bit as good as the factory LG battery. I expected that this would equate to approximately 12-15 hours of what I would consider "regular" usage for myself, which includes very regular operation of the phone throughout the day. In my testing, I got a whopping 14 hours and 18 minutes of use before hitting the 5% mark, which is where I considered all of my battery testing complete. The great thing about 14 hours and 18 minutes is that it included about 30-45 minutes of Netflix streaming on the G3's massive and beautiful 1440p screen! I would have expected about 15-16 hours without that streaming, which is not something that I normally do anyway.

Once again, I'm quite proud to say that I can't recommend this Anker product enough! I choose to continue to review Anker products because I have found them to be top quality and great performers. I highly suggest this as a factory replacement or a spare for your LG G3! As always, I trust that Anker will stand behind this product as they have every product in their lineup! Thanks again for a quality product Anker!

Check out the Anker battery HERE
11th November 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 105

329 posts
More
It's nice to see a third party manufacturer finally start building for the G3. Both my wife and I were able to participate in the free battery promotion from LG, so I'm not currently in the market for another battery, but it's nice to know that one is available.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aftermarket, anker, battery, lg g3, replacement
Previous Thread Next Thread