Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T G3 on T-mobile Network

Tip us?
 
chillsen
Old
#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 172
Join Date: May 2012
If I plan to unlock SIM in the near future, can i go ahead and unlock it now using the various sources posted here?

after it's unlocked i can still use it on my AT&T until i decide to switch to t-mobile correct? After that I can simply use a T-mobile SIM, and change the APN settings, and i should be able to use LTE for T-mobile right?

Please help me with this, I'm trying to get out of AT&T!

 
parth6512
Old
#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 207
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillsen View Post
If I plan to unlock SIM in the near future, can i go ahead and unlock it now using the various sources posted here?

after it's unlocked i can still use it on my AT&T until i decide to switch to t-mobile correct? After that I can simply use a T-mobile SIM, and change the APN settings, and i should be able to use LTE for T-mobile right?

Please help me with this, I'm trying to get out of AT&T!
Yes, Yes and Yes.
The Following User Says Thank You to parth6512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
chillsen
Old
#33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 172
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mha1021 View Post
Would you mind telling us which website/unlocking service did you use?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Unlock-...item2a41b812f8

less than 2 bucks to gain unlock code

 
Hardcore73
Old
#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 614
Join Date: Dec 2011
I used this site: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Unlock-...item2a41b812f8

Took less than 2 minutes from clicking on Buy it Now to getting code and worked first attempt!

ATT G3 unlocked to T-Mobile
 
qixotic
Old
#35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2014
Default Tethering and wifi calling using an unlocked AT&T G3 on t-mobile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mha1021 View Post
Here is the LINK to enable Tethering You need to have root and this worked for me...
So the only way to be able to wifi tether on an unlocked non-tmobile phone is to root it as well? Are you saying that there is no "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" option under "Wireless & networks" settings?

And what about the newly announced wifi calling on tmobile? Is this feature enabled on only G3s with tmobile's software?
Thanks!
 
mha1021
Old
#36  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 139
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by qixotic View Post
So the only way to be able to wifi tether on an unlocked non-tmobile phone is to root it as well? Are you saying that there is no "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" option under "Wireless & networks" settings?
Factory Unlocked G3s doesn't have to have root for tethering. yes it will have the Portable Wifi Hotspot option and tethering will work without root or modification.


Quote:
Originally Posted by qixotic View Post
what about the newly announced wifi calling on tmobile? Is this feature enabled on only G3s with tmobile's software?
Thanks!
YES wifi calling is only enabled on Tmobile Phones and if you buy non-Tmobile phone to use on t-mobile network, it will not have wifi calling option.
Nokia N Series, IPHONE 1 - 4
Dell Streak5
Galaxy Note N7000
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Note I717
Galaxy Note 2 T889
Galaxy S4 M919
Galaxy NOTE 3 M900A
The Following User Says Thank You to mha1021 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mha1021
Old
#37  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 139
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore73 View Post
I used this site: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Unlock-...item2a41b812f8

Took less than 2 minutes from clicking on Buy it Now to getting code and worked first attempt!

ATT G3 unlocked to T-Mobile
Thanks I am gonna Unlock my At&t LG G pad 7.0 to use it on T-mobile Network.
Nokia N Series, IPHONE 1 - 4
Dell Streak5
Galaxy Note N7000
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Note I717
Galaxy Note 2 T889
Galaxy S4 M919
Galaxy NOTE 3 M900A
 
chillsen
Old
#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 172
Join Date: May 2012
I have some questions regarding my process of switching over and also some basic questions:
  1. I am receiving my T-mob sim card tomorrow
  2. I have backed up my apps only via Titanium Backup. Do i need to back up system files too or will apps only back up suffice?
  3. Will the new sim card automatically update all APNs or do I have to manually change it to get LTE?
  4. Will I be receiving Android & G3 software updates automatically still?
  5. If there are cool T-mobile apps, how will i get them on my phone?
  6. Is it safe to delete everything AT&T related off of my phone?

Thanks in advance, I was happy to find that after unlock, my AT&T variant will work with T-mobile.

 
qixotic
Old
#39  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mha1021 View Post
Factory Unlocked G3s doesn't have to have root for tethering. yes it will have the Portable Wifi Hotspot option and tethering will work without root or modification.
YES wifi calling is only enabled on Tmobile Phones and if you buy non-Tmobile phone to use on t-mobile network, it will not have wifi calling option.
Ah, thanks, I was debating buying a new AT&T G3 from amazon, but with all these drawbacks even after unlocking it for use on tmobile, I ended up buying a used tmobile one off of swappa, haha!
 
terraj66
Old
#40  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2014
sorry for bringing up old threads but i searched around i didnt find anything.

is it possible to unlock at&t to verizon for the lg g3?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes