[Guide] AT&T LG G3 Back To stock (including MM)

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Method for Going back to Stock on your AT&T LG G3

If your running Marshmallow 6.0 See 2nd post for downgrading/going back to stock - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54222637&postcount=2

RETURN TO STOCK TOT Method! AT&T
Download
1. Download Both Stock Image File & DLL file - http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G3/Stock/AT&T+D850/
2. LGFlashTools v1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb
3).Download Drivers (ANY LG Phone)- LGUnitedMobileDriverVer_3.8.1.exe - 10.6 Mb
4.Megalock DLL File: HERE

Install:
1. Install the LG drivers downloaded above.
2. Install LGFlashTools v1.8 (but don't run it)
3. Extract the TOT file from the ZIP

When LG Flash Tool is installed, do not launch it.

7) Copy MegaLock.dll to C:\LG\LGFlashTool, This is a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file if you have already installed LG Flash Tool on your computer.

8) When the firmware is downloaded, boot your LG G2 into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up key and then plug the USB cable.

9) Launch LG Flash Tool.

You might see a window with Korean language, just click on OK.

Check the Select Manual Mode on the top.

10) MAKE SURE UNDER, DEVICE MANAGER, YOUR PORT IS SET TO COM 41 FOR YOUR DEVICE.

11) Click the DLL box and choose the dll file from above for you phone model.

12) Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with .tot extension.(the 2.04 gb file from above)

13) Now click the Yellow arrow button on the top left of the main window.

The firmware installation will be triggered.

Ignore if you see any temporary error and just wait patiently till it is finished.

Do not close the Flash Tool window.
14) Press and hold power button until phone turns off, leaving usb cable connected to device AND computer ,immediately hold volume up button until phone boots it into Download Mode.

Your LG G2 will restart showing firmware installation progress in percent (%).
When all is done, reboot your phone and enjoy!

[/CENTER]

Remember if you have bootloop or stuck on LG Logo after flashing make sure you FACTORY RESET!

My Links are ALWAYS hosted on MY servers for NO Downtime! If My site does NOT have what your looking for PM me or post what you want and I will try and get it for you:)

Feel Free to buy me a Beer if you feel I have helped you :) Thank you!

Last edited:

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Downgrade/Go back to stock from MM 6.0

LGUP:

Download LGUP Here - http://oceanhost.eu/28lf2bj57g7q/LGUP-G2-G3.zip.html
Install every file
Make sure you have downloaded the required TOT file - http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G3/Stock/AT&T+D850/
Start LGUP on your computer "make sure your phone is plugged in"

On LGUP choose "Upgrade" Then choose the TOT file you downloaded, then go back choose "refurbish" and flash!

Video Guide: (Thanks to @KiaTheKing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKcuYwDoxY

Last edited:

Pure+

May 28, 2013
I assume this is pc only?

Sent from my LG G3

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

And do you think I need to do this if I'm just taking it in to a retail store? The store employee probably isn't going to check super in depth Will he?

What I'm asking is if I use supersu to unroot and then do a factory reset using the devices stock recovery would that he good enough to swap devices at the store?

Sent from my LG G3

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington

Sent from my LG G3

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

And do you think I need to do this if I'm just taking it in to a retail store? The store employee probably isn't going to check super in depth Will he?

What I'm asking is if I use supersu to unroot and then do a factory reset using the devices stock recovery would that he good enough to swap devices at the store?

Sent from my LG G3
This guide? Yes

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lucasxpogba

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
snarky reply FTW!

thanks for all your help, I got it sorted, and no a factory reset was not part of the process
Wasn't sure if it was stated still in my OP or not, but that error usually occured when flashing the tot method for the first time on a new phone, which you would use a button combo to factory reset while booting up the phone.

screwyluie

May 20, 2009
Wasn't sure if it was stated still in my OP or not, but that error usually occured when flashing the tot method for the first time on a new phone, which you would use a button combo to factory reset while booting up the phone.

I tried a great many things to get rid of the 2 status and nothing worked... I think I reflashed no less than 20 times, and finally one took. The flash tool, if left alone would always come back as failed and I'd be left with a status 2. I tried factory resets, I tried various other little tricks listed here and there on the web (usb ports, plugging and unplugging at various times, etc) nothing worked... finally after a dozen or so tries at various trick methods, I thought, well let's just do it by the book one more time and see what happens, and sure enough I finally got a status 3 and a pass, pulled the battery and rebooted, everything is good now.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
I tried a great many things to get rid of the 2 status and nothing worked... I think I reflashed no less than 20 times, and finally one took. The flash tool, if left alone would always come back as failed and I'd be left with a status 2. I tried factory resets, I tried various other little tricks listed here and there on the web (usb ports, plugging and unplugging at various times, etc) nothing worked... finally after a dozen or so tries at various trick methods, I thought, well let's just do it by the book one more time and see what happens, and sure enough I finally got a status 3 and a pass, pulled the battery and rebooted, everything is good now.
Also remember flashtool will almost ALWAYS fail.. Once its 85% its pretty much done. If it fails past 85% it's done flashing, the rest is just waiting for reboot.

screwyluie

May 20, 2009
Also remember flashtool will almost ALWAYS fail.. Once its 85% its pretty much done. If it fails past 85% it's done flashing, the rest is just waiting for reboot.

yeah tried that too, it booted to a factory reset status 2 screen.

I'm sure I'm the odd man out in this process, but for me it wasn't as straight forward as all that. I think perhaps the answer for me was flashing multiple times until it finally decided to work. I know with the sgs3 (my last phone) some people had to flash multiple times and others didn't, I'm thinking it's the same here.

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
yeah tried that too, it booted to a factory reset status 2 screen.

I'm sure I'm the odd man out in this process, but for me it wasn't as straight forward as all that. I think perhaps the answer for me was flashing multiple times until it finally decided to work. I know with the sgs3 (my last phone) some people had to flash multiple times and others didn't, I'm thinking it's the same here.
What matters is you have it working now :D

Alienuser

Oct 11, 2012
There just doesn't seem to be overwhelming evidence that returning to stock is completely dependable for the 850d. So I continue to pine for root.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Method for Going back to Stock on your AT&T LG G3

If your running Marshmallow 6.0 See 2nd post for downgrading/going back to stock - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54222637&postcount=2

RETURN TO STOCK TOT Method! AT&T
    Download
    1. Download Both Stock Image File & DLL file - http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G3/Stock/AT&T+D850/
    2. LGFlashTools v1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb
    3).Download Drivers (ANY LG Phone)- LGUnitedMobileDriverVer_3.8.1.exe - 10.6 Mb
    4.Megalock DLL File: HERE

Install:
    1. Install the LG drivers downloaded above.
    2. Install LGFlashTools v1.8 (but don't run it)
    3. Extract the TOT file from the ZIP

When LG Flash Tool is installed, do not launch it.

7) Copy MegaLock.dll to C:\LG\LGFlashTool, This is a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file if you have already installed LG Flash Tool on your computer.

8) When the firmware is downloaded, boot your LG G2 into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up key and then plug the USB cable.

9) Launch LG Flash Tool.

You might see a window with Korean language, just click on OK.

Check the Select Manual Mode on the top.

10) MAKE SURE UNDER, DEVICE MANAGER, YOUR PORT IS SET TO COM 41 FOR YOUR DEVICE.

11) Click the DLL box and choose the dll file from above for you phone model.

12) Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with .tot extension.(the 2.04 gb file from above)

13) Now click the Yellow arrow button on the top left of the main window.

The firmware installation will be triggered.

Ignore if you see any temporary error and just wait patiently till it is finished.

Do not close the Flash Tool window.
    14) Press and hold power button until phone turns off, leaving usb cable connected to device AND computer ,immediately hold volume up button until phone boots it into Download Mode.

Your LG G2 will restart showing firmware installation progress in percent (%).
    When all is done, reboot your phone and enjoy!

[/CENTER]

Remember if you have bootloop or stuck on LG Logo after flashing make sure you FACTORY RESET!

My Links are ALWAYS hosted on MY servers for NO Downtime! If My site does NOT have what your looking for PM me or post what you want and I will try and get it for you:)

Feel Free to buy me a Beer if you feel I have helped you :) Thank you!
    Downgrade/Go back to stock from MM 6.0

LGUP:

Download LGUP Here - http://oceanhost.eu/28lf2bj57g7q/LGUP-G2-G3.zip.html
    Install every file
    Make sure you have downloaded the required TOT file - http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+G3/Stock/AT&T+D850/
    Start LGUP on your computer "make sure your phone is plugged in"

On LGUP choose "Upgrade" Then choose the TOT file you downloaded, then go back choose "refurbish" and flash!

Video Guide: (Thanks to @KiaTheKing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPKcuYwDoxY

Sent from my LG G3

Sent from my LG G3
    This guide? Yes

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    tried this... stuck at "Factory unlock status 2"

any ideas?
    Perform a factory reset
    Yes... Its very simple.

snarky reply FTW!

thanks for all your help, I got it sorted, and no a factory reset was not part of the process