Returned my G3 this morning

OP GalaxyNotesTx

21st August 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Houston
Thanks Meter: 64

231 posts
More
I tried to like this phone , but could not... I was sick of the random reboots and overall sluggish feeling of this phone. I had Note 3 before this and what a mistake....Will get Note 4 in a few weeks.... It's been fun!!

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyNotesTx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tyler, Texas
Thanks Meter: 199

970 posts
More
Well good luck with the note.

I never had any issues out of my g3. Battery is great, no overheating, no random reboots, no major lagging as a matter of fact no lag at all mostly a stutter here and there in the app drawer from time to time. Been using the stock lg launcher since I got the phone and everything for me has been fluid.....

Lol then I see you made a post saying the phone was fast and no problems out of it........
Last edited by 903tex; 21st August 2014 at 09:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 903tex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag Union, NJ
Thanks Meter: 129

776 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've had my phone for over a month now and I've never had any random reboots or overheating. I use my phone a lot so battery is meh for Me. But I'm happy and I love it.

No matter what, I can never stay away from android for long.
21st August 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Houston
Thanks Meter: 64

231 posts
More
Lol I know it was new and I thought it was okay at the time...as time went on.. I started to have buyers remorse...with Att&t making us use Pma charging ..That was it for me...I just like Samsung better...

The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyNotesTx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bethel Springs,TN
Thanks Meter: 135

325 posts
More
Just bought mine a lil over a week ago , hated to but got the carrier branded AT&T version. This is actually 2nd one. The first phone kept randomly shutting off during activation at the store. I like this phone. It has times where different points on the screen become unresponsive. Aggregating...it also seems to use much more of the ram than I would expect right out of the box. I use a tempered glass screen protector that may or not be causing my screen issues? As a LONG time HTC user, coming from the One, M7. I'm still getting used to something different. I do like it though. Thinking about rooting when I have time off because once boot loader is unlocked I think this device will be a beast!

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium HD app
21st August 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #6  
Flag Wallingford, CT
Thanks Meter: 10

175 posts
More
Had my phone over a month now and absolutely loving it. Running stock rooted, no greenify. I froze all the AT&T apps and none of the LG ones. I use the stock launcher and get well over 4+ hours of screen on time, no overheating, no reboots, etc. My fiancee has the phone as well and she's been averaging almost 6+ hrs of screen on time, however where she works has better signal. I travel all over the place for work and signal is spotty.
22nd August 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #7  
Flag Savannah, GA
Thanks Meter: 329

1,019 posts
More
No rebooting issues here. I will admit that my m8 outperforms the g3 (except for the camera). However, the note 3 that I received last year was a total disappointment. That was random rebooting nightmare. I guess it really depends on the specific device you get. Some may receive a subpar device.
22nd August 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #8  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 181

320 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by traesnaidensdad

Just bought mine a lil over a week ago , hated to but got the carrier branded AT&T version. This is actually 2nd one. The first phone kept randomly shutting off during activation at the store. I like this phone. It has times where different points on the screen become unresponsive. Aggregating...it also seems to use much more of the ram than I would expect right out of the box. I use a tempered glass screen protector that may or not be causing my screen issues? As a LONG time HTC user, coming from the One, M7. I'm still getting used to something different. I do like it though. Thinking about rooting when I have time off because once boot loader is unlocked I think this device will be a beast!

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium HD app

Have the same issue with the screen becoming unresponsive in spots at times. I, too, have one of the tempered glass screen protectors bought from the AT&T Store. Such a coincidence, makes me wonder...
22nd August 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyNotesTx

I tried to like this phone , but could not... I was sick of the random reboots and overall sluggish feeling of this phone. I had Note 3 before this and what a mistake....Will get Note 4 in a few weeks.... It's been fun!!

That's what I just said about my Galaxy S5. Now I can make calls from my new car, have no reboot issues and have a better signal in my home. No more unlimited data but I wasn't using exorbitant amounts of it before anyway.
Note 3 or 4 wouldn't solve my issues. Samsung's bluetooth stack is broken and they know all about it.

Get in where you fit in. Good luck.
22nd August 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ker~Man

Have the same issue with the screen becoming unresponsive in spots at times. I, too, have one of the tempered glass screen protectors bought from the AT&T Store. Such a coincidence, makes me wonder...

It's the screen protector i had it and i exhanged it at the store cause i was still in my 14days after i bought it, they exhanged it and i got the invisishield one that i had on a couple devices in the past, i recommend you try to exhange it if not get a cheap screen protector while you browse for a new one cause believe me you will think its the phone but it's not.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by bolillo; 22nd August 2014 at 04:01 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to bolillo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread